Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bass Players Abandoned By Line 6

evisma

I'm a recording bass player using Bass PODxt Live. It has issues and needs to be replaced, but there is nothing for bass players coming from Line 6. Waited for the NAMM show to see if they would have something new, but nothing. I FOUND MY SOUND with this bass pedal, now I have to find a new way with another company and array of products. Would love to see a new version of the Bass PODxt live, with better synths, or distortions that don't break up the same. Loved my product and want more Line 6 gear, but they've switched to only caring about guitarists. It's a shame.

Evan

Wow.  Bod XTL was discontinued many years ago.  I believe the best you're going to find is whatever bass amps and effects are included in the current line of HD Pods, which aren't bad, but really not a large selection.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a new bass oriented product any time soon.

In the mean time though, POD Farm 2.5 offers a wide assortment of bass amps and effects, and is tailored for recording.  You might want to check it out.

I kinda am with you on this as much as the HD500 has more than some FX that really work well on bass, impressively where same FX sound a little lack lastre on guitar. this is based on a first impression and try out with it with bass.

Thing is , I consider bass modulates enough without FX and it is a rare FX that can keep me using it. Genre dependent.

I personally would like a couple more bass amp models that are more genre determined models.

But alas I think we have seen the last of any upgrade on it until the next affordable up grades in processing chips, memory and modeling resolution. We might see a brand new model then.

In the meantime the modeling for guitar is superb and you could get away with one bass amp and try the FX out and see how it compares to your XT less the bass specific modeled FX and amps or try the Bass multi Fx from Boss.

Probably best to replace it with the same 

• 3 months later...

I'm a recording bass player using Bass PODxt Live. It has issues and needs to be replaced, but there is nothing for bass players coming from Line 6. Waited for the NAMM show to see if they would have something new, but nothing. I FOUND MY SOUND with this bass pedal, now I have to find a new way with another company and array of products. Would love to see a new version of the Bass PODxt live, with better synths, or distortions that don't break up the same. Loved my product and want more Line 6 gear, but they've switched to only caring about guitarists. It's a shame.

Evan

Hi.

I'm also a Bass player who has happily used a POD xt with the Bass Expansion pack for several years, but now the unit seems to have incurable "amnesia" or "Alzheimer's" with it's preset memory (yeah, I've tried to reflash, etc.).  The time would be right to upgrade to the latest and greatest POD HD X, but I'm hesitant and disheartened that there are very few Bass models.  Line 6, may we please have the Bass models receive the HD treatment and made available for your latest POD products?

Regards,

Joel 

Yeah, I'd like to see some bass action too. I'd be interested in seeing the sales figures for the bass stuff - maybe it just didn't sell that well. Still, Line 6 could just add bass models to existing products rather than create a bass-specific product, thereby increasing the sales for that product by some factor. Even if there wasn't a huge take-up from bass players at least there would be no new hardware cost to them.

Shoot some ideas to ideascale:

http://line6.ideascale.com/

I'll vote for it.