Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix will not connect to HX Edit software

beatybass

I downloaded the Helix drivers and HX Edit software. When I connect the Helix to the compter, power it up and open the HX Edit software it keeps giving me the message "Connection Interrupted" and continues to do that when I click reconnect. I'm using a Mac running El Capitan. Any ideas as to how to get the unit to connect to the software?

2 hours ago, beatybass said:

There doesn't appear to be anything else open and still the same results.

Hi,

As you're using a Mac, please make sure that the version number of HX Edit that you have opened is the same version number as the Firmware in your Helix. Its is not unknown to have accidentally opened an alias to an early version that maybe still on your computer.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Ok. So I deleted HX Edit and went back to on an older version matching the firmware on the helix. (I also reset factory settings on the helix) The HX Edit did connect this time. Now I just need to dig around and see about getting the firmware updated. Thanks for the input, it put me on the right track.

I can connect the Helix (which says firmware 2.12) to the older HX Edit software but still when I close everything out and try open the new HX Edit I still get "connection interrupted" and it won't connect. So it appears I can't update the firmware on the Helix unit unless I can actually open the new HX Edit 2.92? Am I missing something?

20 hours ago, beatybass said:

So it appears I can't update the firmware on the Helix unit unless I can actually open the new HX Edit 2.92? Am I missing something?

Hi again,

I think you need to follow my instructions to get you through the update to v2.92

O.K. Buckle up, we’re going in.

First go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and from  "-ALL HARDWARE-" select HELIX, then go to  the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" menu item and select HX EDIT, now select your Mac OSX from under the "-ALL OS-" tab. Now click “GO”. From the next page you can select HX Edit 2.92 for your HELIX. 

IMPORTANT! Carefully read and follow the update instructions below. If you don't—and then run to the forums asking why it's not working—the interwebs will make fun of you.

If you have read the notes, you will have seen that it say you need to download HX Edit 2.90 first. That might just be a typo and really should read 2.92.

If you do need it, you can find it by scrolling down the page where you already are. Use this is for backing up anything on your Helix that you may want later after the update. You might wish to not do this as it is a preowned unit and you might wish to start from scratch with a clean machine.

Then continue as the instructions in the 2.92 notes.

HX Edit 2.92 should now take care of the installation of the latest firmware.

Hope this helps make sense

• Upvote 1