Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bridge cable latch connector

I am reassembling a variax 500 after taking it apart to do some maintenance and maybe make a new body for it and I am having an issue with the bridge connection. It doesn't connect firmly and pops off easily. The guitar functions only when I push on the latch connector to make more contact. Is there something I can do to correct this?

The latch isn't broken but the connection is much weaker than it was when I removed it. I was very careful removing it. Is there a way to tighten the connection? The concept seems weak as far as electrical connections go honestly. I'm not sure why some other connector isn't used. The manual says be careful not to open and close it after initial installation so is it some kind of attempt at making them proprietary essentially? Can I get a new latch connector somehow?

Lock it very carefully.

"... attempt at making them proprietary essentially? " --- no, it's what fits on the board for that

kind of flat cable at that time, back then.

" Can I get a new latch connector somehow? "  ---   No. It's not available as a separate part. It's a

surface mount part, and those traces are very thin,... one false move or too much heat and it's all

over for that one.