Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Not Sure If I'm Imagining Things But...

I was just playing my JTV59 through the POD HD Pro connected by L6 link to my L3t and I'm sure the tone was changing without my doing anything other than playing the guitar.  It wasn't like it was switching patches or anything like that, but the tone seemed to be getting brighter one minute and then darker the next.  Really weird...  Maybe it was my playing style or maybe I was just hearing things.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

The L3t was on PA/Reference speaker mode and I have latest firmware in both the JTV and POD.  I was using a dreadnought model on the JTV with just a bit of compression, EQ and reverb from the POD.

I have had something similar with JTV59 into HD500 via VDI, but it would appear darker when I first loaded a patch, and if I pressed the patch foot switch again it would get brighter. I have not had it happen recently, or had it change without me pressing anything. But I have had the mag pups drop in volume while playing but moving the pup selector switch seems to reset them.

Well, I'm definitely not imagining it. It is most noticeable when I was using a tele model and an acoustic model, one minute it sounded fine, then all of a sudden I lost all the high frequencies.  Sounds fine through my monitors, so I have to put it down to the L3t.  I tried the tele model via Line 6 link through my DT amp head and that too sounded fine.  I tried one one of the balanced outs from my POD via a DI into the mixer input on the L3t and that too sounded bad.  Time for a post in the Stagesource forum to see if they can advise...