Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Stomp as audio interface

Dehz

I asked this question back in August but I still can't figure this out. I want to be able to use my Stomp as my interface so that I can use different plugins. I know that I need to use input 5 for a dry signal, but I can't get it to work for me. I'm using Logic, have a track open, input monitoring is on, input 5 is set, and I don't hear anything. Can anyone suggest what I could be doing wrong?

I also opened up my PRS Supermodel plugin (standalone) set the input to 5, and I don't receive any inout signal. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

I don't use a MAC or Logic, all I can say is that it woks as expected in Reaper, Ableton, Cakewalk and ProTools First.

I'd look into your Logic Preferences (or what ever they call it) for the problem. Or whatever audio routing options MAC uses.

On 11/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, Dehz said:

I want to be able to use my Stomp as my interface so that I can use different plugins. I know that I need to use input 5 for a dry signal, but I can't get it to work for me. I'm using Logic, have a track open, input monitoring is on, input 5 is set, and I don't hear anything. Can anyone suggest what I could be doing wrong?

Hi, 

Do this almost every day using Logic Pro X and my Helix floor, and really the only thing different for you is recording the dry audio signal using USB channel 5, whereas I capture the dry signal on USB channel 7.

The basics of the set up you need is described on the HX Stomp Owner’s Manual on page 45.

Essentially, what you need to do is create a blank Logic session, with a stereo audio in from input 1 & 2 and a second empty audio track set for mono signal on input 5. Both of these tracks should be set to output on channels 1&2.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU SOFTWARE MONITORING IS SWITCHED OFF IN LOGIC. It is that small icon on the channel strip that shows as a letter “I” in a square button, and it is coloured orange when active. Make sure it is grey/off.

Now arm both tracks ready to record and strum a chord on your guitar into the HX Stomp, and you should see the VU meters moving, plus hear your guitar. If that is working O.K., then simply hit record and lay down your track. When you stop and rewind, the track set for 1&2 should have recorded the fully effected signal from your Stomp. Mute the processed audio track. The mono track from channel 5 should have your unprocessed clean guitar signal. From that point you can use whatever plugins you want on the dry track, which will playback through you Stomp, provided you monitors/headphones are connected. Re-amping through your Stomp requires another action which is also fully documented in the manual.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

LATE EDIT:

This may seem obvious, but have you set Logic to use your HX Stomp for the audio interface?

If not see this link

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro/lgcpebe7fb26/mac

Second Edit:-

Unzip and load this template into Logic and ensure that your Stomp is selected as Audio Device for in and out - that's it!

HX Stomp Template.zip

• Upvote 1