Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

stomp as midi-interface for boss es-8

rudomat

win10

hi,

i connected my boss es-8' midi in and outs with the hx stomps midi in and outs, but when i try to connect those in and outputs with the boss es-8 editor (options menu...), i get a midi connection error message...of course my stomp is also connceted to my win10 pc via usb...

anybody solved such a problem...?

thanks

If the IN goes to the OUT and vice versa, Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo MIDI PC Rx and MIDI PC Tx are set to MIDI or MIDI+USB, and the Base Channel is set to the same channel as the ES-8 (default 1), then you should be good. Bad cables? Are you changing the ES-8 from the Stomp, or the Stomp from the ES-8? The Stomp will send it's PC# (01A=000), and change to whatever the ES-8 sends (000=01A). If both are sending, then when the ES-8 sends 000, the Stomp will also send 000. Maybe you're creating a MIDI feedback loop, and that's causing the error? Which is the controller, and which is controlled? If the Stomp is the controller, disable MIDI PC Rx, and vice versa? Look for other MIDI settings in the ES-8.                      

10 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

If the IN goes to the OUT and vice versa, Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo MIDI PC Rx and MIDI PC Tx are set to MIDI or MIDI+USB, and the Base Channel is set to the same channel as the ES-8 (default 1), then you should be good. Bad cables? Are you changing the ES-8 from the Stomp, or the Stomp from the ES-8? The Stomp will send it's PC# (01A=000), and change to whatever the ES-8 sends (000=01A). If both are sending, then when the ES-8 sends 000, the Stomp will also send 000. Maybe you're creating a MIDI feedback loop, and that's causing the error? Which is the controller, and which is controlled? If the Stomp is the controller, disable MIDI PC Rx, and vice versa? Look for other MIDI settings in the ES-8.                      

thank you...no...actually all is working great if i use my alesis io26 firewire instead of the hx stomp with the same cables...so...it's not the cables...