Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagesource Speakers not avalaible in Germany anymore

I just bought a used Stagescape Mixer and planned to buy Stagesource Speakers for our Studio und Gigs for our Band.

Now I learned from a distributor that Line6/Yamaha does not sell them in Germany anymore since april 2020. 

Does anybody know why?

Is this only a german or european thing or did Line6 stop the producion? 

would be glad, to get information where and how I can buy them.

Hi Jochen....there won't be any official answer to your question....i also own a StageSource/StageScape PA and am retty impressed by its capabilities.
Sadly, L6 haven't released any new updates for many years, and all facts seem to hint that this product line is not strategic anymore,...and possibly Yamaha is just emptying its warehouses, after which, they will cease the products.
Which is very sad, as the product are very advanced and well performing.

The good side of this is: if you find them anywhere, they should be pretty depreciated, because those who have some in stock will try to get rid of them.
Also, look at the second hand market.

The SoundScape/Stage system is wonderful...even if they discontinue it, it still works and does wonders....

Glad to hear other folk's impressions :)

Alb

I also own a StageScape mixer and a set of StageSource speakers. They  form a wonderfully integrated and great sounding system. If you can pick up a set of used ones that are in good working order at a great price you will be doing yourself a favour.

But I agree (and I have no inside information here) that Line 6 is no longer pursuing their own brand of mixer/speaker products. Since Line 6 was bought out by Yamaha it seems that Yamaha is incorporating some StageScape/Source IP and technologies into their own Yamaha brand of similar products.

• Like 1

Our band bought a stagescape mixer 6 months ago. Now we have the money and wanted to buy stagesource loudspeakers because of their perfectly matched technology and had to learn that Line6 no longer supplies them.
I can't believe that Yamaha/Line6 doesn't want to sell the technologically superior stagescape and scagesource products anymore. To my knowledge, there is no technically equivalent alternative, or does anyone know more?
Besides:
Strangely enough, these products are still offered on the website. Advertising products that are no longer being delivered might be anti-competitive.

Does anybody have a hint which active speakers we could buy for instead of stagesource speakers?