Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax acoustic 700

Is this Variax Acoustic 700 guitar a legacy product? Mine won't talk to my helix and my digital cable is working, I suspect the guitar is too old and there's a hardware software mismatch. It won't talk to workbench either. Is there any way for me to edit this older variax, I'd like to choose my own alternate tunings and store them in the guitar. 

thanks

alan

You’re right - a software/hardware mismatch. The Helix VDI communication is not compatible with older Variax guitars. It may work to some degree but it is not supported. You should use the analog (1/4”) from the guitar to the Helix Guitar input.

However I think the original Variax Workbench software (not Workbench HD) should work with your Variax Acoustic 700, allowing you to store alternate tunings in the guitar. You won’t be able to control anything via Helix but you will get the alternate tuning when you manually select an alternate-tuned model in the Variax.