Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Size of room

rsvette12

Hi Guys:

Noticed an Air setting in Guitar rig 6 in control room (size of room your in) is there a setting you would change on the Helix side of things in a preset for that ? thanks much

That said I use infected mushroom wider which is free an awesome - just wondering what effect within Helix gui would do the same thing

Early Reflections on the cab.

On your reverb, play with the combination of PREDELAY (time before the reverb kicks in on a note) and DECAY (size of the room).

Think "less is more".

That's as close as it gets in Helix.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Early Reflections on the cab.

On your reverb, play with the combination of PREDELAY (time before the reverb kicks in on a note) and DECAY (size of the room).

Think "less is more".

That's as close as it gets in Helix.

Thanks Pal appreciate it :) 

10 minutes ago, waymda said:

What's "the mushroom thing"?

https://polyversemusic.com/products/wider/

I dont leave home without it game changer and its free :) vst plugin for your daw - add layer of helix then add wider to same layer - you could prob add wider first then an instance of helix didnt try that yet

FYI I am using Helix Native

7 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Cool just saw there is a stereo width - have to check that out - thanks 

Re: Stereo Width - it may not be exactly what you’re looking for - I posted this in a recent thread about this very subject:

Copied from other thread,

It is actually described as,

Stereo Width Stereo Line 6 Original (utility to collapse stereo paths)

Quote from Digital Igloo about this:

It should probably be stressed that it doesn't spread a stereo signal past 100%; it only collapses already stereo signals by a certain percentage.”

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, datacommando said:

Re: Stereo Width - it may not be exactly what you’re looking for - I posted this in a recent thread about this very subject:

Thank you much - Ill play a bit but prob just end up using Wider - strange this is not a feature in Helix :) 

• Thanks 1

A handy Rule of Thumb I use is to consider the PreDelay milliseconds (ms) parameter in Helix's Reverb Blocks (also in Cab Blocks) as a rough approximation of the environment or room size. As sound travels through air at approximately one foot per millisecond, the distance in feet the originating sound source must travel to the modeled reflective surfaces plus the distance in feet the reverberating multipath sound must travel back to be heard by the listener (presumed to be at or near the originating sound source) is a rough approximation of the total round trip ms value. So for example, a 150 ms value is akin to approximating a 75 foot room. I have no confirmation of this from any Line 6 representatives. Nonetheless, when listening via a good set of Studio Monitors or quality headphones, my ears confirm this (rough) Rule of Thumb. It works for me. YMMV.