Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anybody Else Notice This?

OK...mountains out of molehills time. I was changing string on my 69, had all the strings off. When I was wiping down the bridge, I noticed that directly behind the pivot point by the post nearest the low E string there's  a small raised semi-circular "bubble"...for lack of anything better to call it. Its part of the bridge itself, nothing stuck to it. It's symmetrical...doesn't look like damage or wear. Could be a flaw in the chrome, or maybe its supposed to be that way?

I rarely use the tremolo bar, and no dive-bombs when I do. Doesn't seem to be causing any problems, and you wouldn't notice it unless you were looking for it. Could easily have been there since day one. No tuning stability issues or anything like that, so I'm inclined to let a sleeping dog lie. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

What I'm talking about is not under the bridge, or related to circuit boards or soldering...it's on the top surface of the bridge itself, between the front of the low E string saddle and the post where the bridge pivots [directly behind the post actually]...I'll try and take a pic of it. Should have done it at the time before I put everything back together.