Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx stomp vs pod go

Samdbl

So I bought an hx stomp for fly away gigs. Specifically for its size and weight. As we all know, fly away gigs are pretty rare these days and the foreseeable future. I sometimes use the hx stomp at home where the size factor is less of a concern. However, the limitations of the size, block limit, three buttons, annoying integration of expression pedals really become obvious. I am considering selling and getting the pod go. 

my question is how is it possible that there is such a price difference between the PG and the stomp? As far as I’m aware, it’s the same processing power quality of sounds. Yet there is more to it (larger size and expression pedal). How can that be cheaper by a couple hundred dollars? Is there a compromise in the build quality? Is the housing or exp pedal plastic? Are the buttons cheaper? What am I missing?

Less flexibility in the signal chain, no parallel paths, less DSP, differences in how DSP is handled, missing some DSP intensive amps and effects, not going to get the same update treatment as Stomp due to DSP limitations, never going to have CommandCenter. There's other differences, but it is essentially a different product for a different market. There's a lengthy thread which will answer other questions over on The Gear Page in the Digital and Modeling Forum.

Strictly just an opinion.... coming from an LT owner. 

There is no question the Stomp is a higher end product with more "pro options" than the Pod GO. 

But unless you need those "pro options".... the Pod GO could very well be the better product for certain users and only the end user can decide that. 

Myself.... considering a backup for my LT... I would lean to a Pod GO. But that is "ME"! Not "YOU"! 

I have a Floor and a Stomp. I find that with the Floor, I'm constantly fiddling with more and more complex signal chains. It's nice to have a pedalboard with a WAH, 3 ODs, 3 Mods, a 3 channel amp, two delays, a Reverb, compressors...

With the Stomp I'm restricted to simpler presets, and I actually PLAY more.

I'm also considering a PODGO. Because it's a really nice, compact, all-in-one grab'n'go unit that would actually do everything I REALLY need.

And, well, TOYS vs money in the bank....NO CONTEST!

58 minutes ago, Samdbl said:

Ah. I did not know that the dsp power in the go was lesser than the stomp. I thought it had the same. That pretty much makes my decision to stick with the stomp.

Yes, if you want the latest greatest new models and like being able to use parallel paths, that would be wise. The new goodies in 3.0 won't necessarily ever make it to the PODGO.

16 hours ago, rd2rk said:

I have a Floor and a Stomp. I find that with the Floor, I'm constantly fiddling with more and more complex signal chains. It's nice to have a pedalboard with a WAH, 3 ODs, 3 Mods, a 3 channel amp, two delays, a Reverb, compressors...

With the Stomp I'm restricted to simpler presets, and I actually PLAY more.

I'm also considering a PODGO. Because it's a really nice, compact, all-in-one grab'n'go unit that would actually do everything I REALLY need.

And, well, TOYS vs money in the bank....NO CONTEST!

This is me pretty much to a "T". The PODGO doesn't do absolutely everything that I need and can get from my Helix floor, but certainly is close enough for me to use it at rehearsals and act as my backup. I sold my Stomp to buy the PODGO. Unless I need to tweak something on my Helix, I use the PODGO at home for practice as well.