Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ripcord 5V to 9V powersupply

kane21014

SO my question is about powering the HX Stomp with a PD Battery Bank via Ripcords 5V to 9V adapter. https://myvolts.com/product/39019/Ripcord_9V_c-ve So i also got a 2.1MM to 2.5MM adapter but hesitant if this should work? (A few people on youtube are using this with a PD Battery Bank) byt my math it's 1300mA which from what i understand is acceptable.

PD Powerbank Batteries output to ripcord is12 Watts at 9 VOLTS 

1.3 Watts per volt= 1330mA 

I am running the helix stomp on a ripcord 9V converter powered by a cheapo 5V 20000mAh power bank.

It is important to make sure that the power bank is able to deliver up to 3A!

The ripcord DC DC converter seems to be quite efficient as the unit is hardly heating up.

It gives me more than 6 hours of play time.

Works just fine for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be interested to hear what people's experiences are with the new PD power banks.  I currently have one of those ionic converters and works great with an older power bank I have. However my powerbank is only 5000mAh and I was looking to upgrade it for something around 20000. On my research I came across the newer PD powerbanks, (have been checking out the RAVPower brand)  which can output different outputs (ex 5/9/12/18V at xA) and in theory I'm thinking this would kill the need of the converter altogether, but I haven't found any examples of people using one to confirm my thoughts.

Anybody out there using these currently?