Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unassigning tap tempo from 3rd footswitch

ReeV0

Hi,

Is it possible to use all 3 footswitches to enable/disable HX Stomp effects? At the moment, only two footswitches can be used, because the 3rd switch is taken up by tap tempo. Is it possible to unassign tap tempo from the 3rd footswitch?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I did some search before asking, without success.

Thought I could use this already opened topic, as it is more or less the same subject.

In my HX Stomp with FW 2.65, if I set FS3 to Stomp instead of Tap/Tuner, the Tap/Tuner function would go away also in the Scroll Mode, leaving FS3 unusable/unassigned in that mode.

This looks to me a design flaw; if for example I use external FS4 set to Next Footswitch Mode, I’d have the ability to both have 3 Stomp switches, and do tap/tuner, without bending at the unit.

Has this behaviour been modified in later firmware updates? That is, if I set FS3 to Stomp instead of Tap/Tuner, does Tap/Tuner remain available in Scroll Mode ?

Unfortunately, I currently cannot perform a FW update on my unit and check myself. Still it’s very important for me to know.

Thanks.

Thank you very much for your reply, Digital Igloo.

However, I meant the opposite (sorry for my bad English), that is, if I assign FS3 to be a Stomp switch, in Scroll mode Tap/Tuner would not work anymore. In this mode (I mean: Scroll mode), the switch remains unassigned/unusable/unemployed when FS3 is assigned to Stomp 3 in Global Settings.

Why can't we have 3 stomp switches in Stomp mode and keep Tap/Tuner in Scroll mode ?

Again, this is how it is with FW 2.65, I was wondering (and hoping) if this has changed with later updates.

3 hours ago, Enri- said:

Thank you very much for your reply, Digital Igloo.

However, I meant the opposite (sorry for my bad English), that is, if I assign FS3 to be a Stomp switch, in Scroll mode Tap/Tuner would not work anymore. In this mode (I mean: Scroll mode), the switch remains unassigned/unusable/unemployed when FS3 is assigned to Stomp 3 in Global Settings.

Why can't we have 3 stomp switches in Stomp mode and keep Tap/Tuner in Scroll mode ?

Again, this is how it is with FW 2.65, I was wondering (and hoping) if this has changed with later updates.

I don't think it ever worked like this. If you have FS3 set to Tap/Tuner, it remains that way in Stomp and Scroll Modes. You've never been able to have it both ways. If you have a stomp assigned to FS3, that stomp will be available in Stomp Mode and Scroll Mode.

19 hours ago, phil_m said:

If you have a stomp assigned to FS3, that stomp will be available in Stomp Mode and Scroll Mode.

Thanks, phil_m..

Now I realize that I was wrong when I wrote:  if I assign FS3 to be a Stomp switch, in Scroll mode Tap/Tuner would not work anymore. In this mode (I mean: Scroll mode), the switch remains unassigned/unusable/unemployed when FS3 is assigned to Stomp 3 in Global Settings.

It was like that just because when I set FS3 to be a stomp in Global Settings, NOTHING was actually assigned to FS3. So I checked again, and yes, if for example I assign Screamer 808 to FS3, then it will be available in Scroll Mode too.

However, I think there should be one more option in Global Settings, which allows FS3 to be a stomp in Stomp Mode, and be Tap/Tuner in Scroll Mode.

In this way, if for example I use external FS4 set to Next Footswitch Mode, I’d have the ability to both have 3 Stomp switches, and do tap/tuner, without bending at the unit.

But I guess this is something to be submitted in IdeaScale, isn't it ?