Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Helix Floor and Helix Native in a DAW

Aradish

Can you use Helix Native Plug-in in Pro tools with the helix floor? While recording I want to be able to use the presets on my helix floor and upload them onto my band members helix native. This would allow me to use the helix floor as the controller for the tone that is being recorded thus allowing me to change the tone after if needed while listening back, this would then remove the re—amping process and need for wet-dry recording. They could communicate similar to helix Edit and helix floor, and allow for real time adjustments and tone

thanks

Helix Floor has a USB out!

Does the Helix Rack have a USB in? No

Does Mac or PC have a USB in? Yes

Can you control Helix Native with Helix Floor Control? I say... Yes!

Do i own a Helix Floor? No!

Do i own Helix Native? Yes!

Do i want a Helix Rack and a Helix Floor? Indeed i do!

Will i buy a Helix Floor to use with Helix Native? Maybe!

The name is James... not jimmy.

29 minutes ago, vanilla said:

I'm gonna say this because I care...there are plenty of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vanilla said:

Does the Helix Rack have a USB in?

YES

Can you control Helix Native with Helix Floor Control?

Not directly. You need to have it connected to the Rack, with ControlCenter configured to send the proper MIDI commands over USB/MIDI from the Rack to the computer.

If you decide to buy a Helix Floor to control Native, be sure to buy a HELIX FLOOR, NOT a Floor Control. They're different products, and not interchangeable.

On 11/11/2020 at 9:50 PM, Aradish said:

Can you use Helix Native Plug-in in Pro tools with the helix floor? While recording I want to be able to use the presets on my helix floor and upload them onto my band members helix native. This would allow me to use the helix floor as the controller for the tone that is being recorded thus allowing me to change the tone after if needed while listening back, this would then remove the re—amping process and need for wet-dry recording. They could communicate similar to helix Edit and helix floor, and allow for real time adjustments and tone

thanks

I'm pretty sure that ProTools only allows ProTools add-ins. I don't think you can use Native.

Pro Tools supports AAX which is another format Helix Native supportssssss snakesssssssssss.

Helix Rack has a usb out port that enables you to connect Helix Rack to Mac or PC.

Helix Floor Control has a USB port that enables you to connect the Helix Floor Control to Mac or PC.

The USB port on Helix Floor Control is not meant to connect a cable from the USB port on the Helix Floor Control to The Helix Rack.

There is a dedicated port on the Helix Rack that enables you to connect the Helix Rack to the Helix Floor Control.

The USB port on the Helix Floor Control enables you to connect a cable from the Helix Floor Control to your Mac or PC controlling Helix Native AAX/VST/AU.

James, not Jimmy