Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looking For Expert Line 6 Advice

djillard

Okay,what I have is a pod hd500 and dt 50 212,I really like the looper function of the pod,If only it lasted for a longer period of time.Iv'e been looking at the Jm4 looper ,would I be able to place it in line with the pod and amp and get the play along and record features of the jm4

Thanks Dave

You could put the looper into the FX loop of the HD or the DT. If using in the loop of the HD, put the FX loop block last in your signal chain.

A sidenote pertaining to the HD500 looper:

-set it to half speed before you start the loop and you will get twice the length of loop time

What are you hoping to do with the looper? The JM4 does a lot more than just looping. It gives you the ability to play backing tracks, and it has on-board amp modeling and effects. If you don't need all those options, there are less expensive options available to you.

Thanks so much for the replies,What I really want to be able to do is record a track and have it play back through the amp so that I can play along with it.Now as far as the amp modeling and fx go I think the pod has that covered but I like the idea of being able to play backing tracks.And I would like to stay with line 6 equip.                                                                                                                                                                                                            Thanks Dave

• 2 years later...