Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Factory Presets?

brianiac

Forgive me if my pre-search proves lazy; however, I purchased a new HX Stomp, received it yesterday, got home and plugged it in to find all preset slots are empty.  Is this correct?  I presumed there would be factory presets, along the lines of those demo'd in L6 product videos.

If correct, no problem.

If not, is there a location to get them?

Not a deal breaker, at all.  This unit seems to be EXACTLY what I was hoping it to be and so far, Line 6 has delivered a great product.

From Line 6 (after more digging): HX Reset Procedures

From Sweetwater:

• Erase all presets/IRs: Hold all three footswitches.
  • Erase and reset all presets + IR’s: Hold footswitches 1 + 2.
  • Erase and reset allpresets + IR’s + global settings: Hold footswitches 2 + 3.

I'll give your advice and these a go when I'm back to the unit.

Thanks for your response, phil_m.

Also a bit of follow-up from Sweetwater is that I bought the House Of Worship version which resulted in the preset wipe, coupled with an email of other settings - which I'd not gotten to, yet.  Stoked to dig in more, just anticipated existing presets and they weren't there.  OK...maybe I freaked out a bit...I just wanted to jam, though.  Can't hold that against an old guy, right?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, brianiac said:

I bought the House Of Worship

Hi,

I hope Sweetwater have solved the issue with the HOW preset bundles. Recently some one bought the HX Stomp package and the presets wouldn’t load because they exceeded the block limits of the Stomp.

See link.

Hope this makes sense.

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

I hope Sweetwater have solved the issue with the HOW preset bundles. Recently some one bought the HX Stomp package and the presets wouldn’t load because they exceeded the block limits of the Stomp

Hope this makes sense.

It does and thanks for directing toward that.  I'll comment back this weekend on my findings.

• Like 1

So...

Holding buttons 2 & 3 at POWER ON installed factory presets.  Quickly made a few basic presets for last night's direct to PA jam and all worked well.  I'm certain spending time will result in much better presets and improvements all the way around.  Really happy with the quick results, though.  Made some pedalboard changes this afternoon and am really looking forward to getting to know the HX Stomp better.

The HOW preset bundle extracted with separate Helix and HX Stomp folders, therefore, was super easy and functional.

Hopefully this thread will aide anyone searching "factory presets" as I did and get them quickly rolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2020 at 7:09 PM, brianiac said:

So...

Holding buttons 2 & 3 at POWER ON installed factory presets.  Quickly made a few basic presets for last night's direct to PA jam and all worked well.  I'm certain spending time will result in much better presets and improvements all the way around.  Really happy with the quick results, though.  Made some pedalboard changes this afternoon and am really looking forward to getting to know the HX Stomp better.

The HOW preset bundle extracted with separate Helix and HX Stomp folders, therefore, was super easy and functional.

Hopefully this thread will aide anyone searching "factory presets" as I did and get them quickly rolling.

To restore the factory presets, the unit must be connected to the HX edit??

42 minutes ago, johannkleen said:

To restore the factory presets, the unit must be connected to the HX edit??

No. Simply hold down buttons 2&3 while turning on the power, just as stated above.

That’s all there is to it.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...