Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Model Selector Is Crazy

hello all,

I bought a korean jtv59 3 weeks ago. I love it but...

When I turn the model selector on spank or t-model it always select the custom 1 bank. If I select lester, it works fine.  There are some other positions that redirects me on non-desired model.

This appears after installing firmware 2.0. 

I made a factory reset of the variax, the problem is still there.

I reflash my variax back to an older firmware but the problem is still there. I reinstalled fw2.0 : same problem.

If I connect the variax to the PC and select the model directly in workbench the model heard is correct, but if I turn the model selector on the variax it shows me that it selects the wrong bank and change the sound to this newly selected model.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Eric

Since it is working under pc control both with v2.0 + older firmware, it seems that ur prblm lies on the model selector.

Search this forum 4 "model selector problem" I am sure it'll help u find out a solution.

May be it would be necessary to open a support ticket or return the unit 4 a replacemnt (if still under warranty).

The "Model Selector" is just a pot that feeds an A/D.  There is a mechanical detent for each model bank position.  If it's misadjusted it will pick up the wrong model bank.  I don't know if there is a calibration for this.  There used to be for the old original Variax.  You may have a bad model selector pot.

It's a little particular, I bought it 3 or 4 weeks ago during an auction in a compulsory liquidation of a music store, so the guitar is new, but I don't have any store to bring it back.

I have opened a ticket to line 6 support but no answer for the moment, and frankly I prefer to pay 10€ or $, change the pot myself and keep my guitar to play every day rather than sending it to line 6 and stay 1 month without it.