Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit "No device connected" but working as Audio Interface

gregorbeckendorf

Hi there, i hope somebody can help out here, I really don´t know what to do anymore.

I´ve read a lot about issues with "HX Edit problems "
But i do not find any solution, and here´s the wierdest thing: On my computer everything is working fine,but my Notebook shows "No device connected".
I can compare Computer/Notebook Helix software I installed and its identical.My computer and my notebook both run Windows 10.

Also if i go to device management it shows the same functions as on my computer, and status shows " working" on every icon.
When i open HX Edit it says "Connecting..." for about 5seconds and then it shows " No device connected", the program does not crash or close, it stays open but says "No device connected"
Windows detects the Helix Line 6 on my notebook as an Audio Interface and also selects it as In and Output as soon as i connect the USB,and i can hear the sound coming from the notebook whatever i play through the helix via phones ouput, so it´s working until this point , but it doesn´t communicate with HX Edit.

My Notebook model is named Clevo NH50AC

CPU :   AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor  3.1GHz

RAM :  32,0 GB 

GPU :   Geforce 1660Ti

Disk:    NVMe PNY_CS2130_2TB_SSD

Helix Floor with Firmware 2.92
Sofware :HX Edit V2.92

Driver:Line 6 Driver2 Helix v1.95 but i also tried others ( older version )

to download "HX Edit v2.92 Installer" :
-I downloaded Firefox because of the Smart Screen problems they mention before the download
-I deactivated microsoft defender
-I deactivated Smart Screen
-No Antivirus was running

-To install and run i open as admin

-I´ve tryed different usb ports ( USB 3,USB2,and i even tried with an USB HUB) as well as different cables, even though i can tell the cables are fine since it´s connecting with my computer.
-I also tested HX Edit 2.8 to see if it somehow works, but ofc it didn´t.

-I checked energy saving USB options, they are all deactivated

-Rebooting windows many times

-Uninstalled / Reinstalled everything many times ( If anyone knows how to delete / uninstall Helix Control Panel which you find if you go to system settings on windows, please let me know)

also i found in other topics:

-Drive number / Disk 0 checked

- WMI connection is consistent.

I also found something about to unplug SD card....Since i can´t open my new notebook due to warranty, I was only able to deactivate Card-Reader in device manager,  but it´s still not working.

- Update : I used the Windows recovery to a certain point option to restored everything to how it was 3 days before. So way back before I was installing any of the helix SW / Drivers. That's how I was able to remove the Helix Control Panel out of the system. So I thought there was hope , by doing everything from the scratch again while taking care of checking all the things which could have caused any problems...but ... it still doesn't work... I spend the entire day , researching , reinstalling , plug and unplugging through different ports and cables , tried everything I was mentioning already and it didn't help. 

-Don´t know what to do anymore besides crying, what doesn´t help either :(

Is there any other program which is needed I need to install in order to make it work? 
Does it matter that I only have one drive which is a SSD M.2 instead of having a sata Drive ?

If anybody does have any idea, i would really appriciate and be very thankful.

Edited by gregorbeckendorf

You seem to be fairly knowledgeable, and you've covered most of the bases. Without having your rig in hand, this is all I can offer.

Un-install ALL of your L6 SW. Make sure to delete ALL of the L6 directories and make sure that the drivers are gone.

Using something like CCleaner, clear out all junk, and clean your registry.

Reboot the computer. Download and install, with ALL options selected, a fresh copy of the HXEdit v2.92 SW.

Reboot again. Try a couple of USB cables. Turn off everything in the Startup section of Settings>Apps.

If it still doesn't work, it's got to be either a problem with your Windows install, or a HW issue.

You didn't provide specifics of your laptop (make, model, processor, memory, etc). This might help if someone else has a similar system, and will be required if you open a support ticket.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much for replying.

I did exactly the things you mentioned many times ( Uninstall - reinstall with new downloaded SW) 

I searched my entire disk and i went into regedit and deleted everything what is named line 6 or helix (one registry i was not able to delete due to permission)and on top I used CCleaner

But one thing is always remaining:

If i go to system settings in windows, it always shows this Helix Control Panel , and i don´t know how to delete/uninstall it.

Also if i reinstall the HX edit V2.92 which includes drivers V1.93 , when i go to System > Helix Control Panel > it shows at the top 1.95.0.0 , so it seems like the installation doesn´t overwrite if you install an older drivers.

Also i wanna mention, when i uninstall drivers , it seems like it´s doing the unstalling procedure correctly, it says "completed" and you click " done" , but the name of it still remains in the list, if you click again on uninstall it says that it wasn´t found , it might have been deleted already, if it should be deleted from list....you click yes and then it´s removed out of the list completely.

Also i was trying what you said and turned off everything from my startup section, even though it was only 2 things, because the notebook is very new, and i already deactivated all the stuff i didn´t want to start on boot.

Meanwhile i was also deactivating my soundcard drivers, but unfurtunately it didn´t help either.

What bother me so much it that it´s working like an Audio Interface, I can select Helix in a DAW, I can hear the sounds I play on my computer....so somehow i would say , the driver are working.

But it doesn´t interact/communicate with HX Edit :(

I´ll edit my Notebook Model info on top. Thanks for mentioning it.

• 3 years later...

Ihave the exact same problem! I have also done everything the previous posted mentioned with zero results. Computer recognizes Helix LT as audio interface, plays through the connected speaker, Headrush FRFR108, (2) but Helix edit will not show the Helix connected. 

Please! I need some help...  THanks!