Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V Remote for PC - How to save from "my tones" to amp???

Sliowa

Hey there, 

so, I got my new Spider V 120 MKII connected to my PC, the new Remote App 2.0 installed to my windows 10 laptop, I searched the Cloud for some great tones, they all sound great, awesome, there's about 50 new tones neatly stacked in my "my tones" section of the Remote app. Now, once I disconnect the amp from the computer, all the new presets are not accessible anymore.

Do they only work with my computer plugged in??? Seriously??? There's no button like "save to amp" or anything! How do I put them on my amp?? Is there any way? I can save them "to disc" and all but not to the amp? What the hell??? How does it work??!! If I go to the amp section of the software, I can pick the 4 User settings and try to load my tones from "disc". It asks me if I'm sure that I want to overwrite the User tone, hell yes, I'm sure, but after that, it's nothing, still called User. Can anyone help me out here?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I had the same issue. The only way I can work out how to do it is.. first save the tone into a folder on PC. From there, go to the 'amp' tones and select the spot where you want to save your tone to. Then select, import, locate the place where you saved the tone to your PC and upload it from there. It's a rather long winded way of doing it but, so far, that's the only way that works. 

I actually figured it out, no thanks to line6. There's a hugh facebook group called "line6 spider etc." and there's some very helpful people with a lot of experience, lots of videos and lots of custom tones! I don't have the spider remote software right in front of me, so I'm doing it from my memory: you open/use a downloaded tone in the "my tones" tab. If you can play it, you've opened it. Then, switch to your "amp" tab, that's the farthest on the left. Pick any preset amp sound that's already on your amp (or one of the 4 user presets) but don't open them, just select them once and click on "save" at the top. It'll ask you, if you want to overwrite, you pick lollipop yes, and it's ON (your amp).