Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V60 MKii speaker upgrade?

cwoods80

I have looked online and cannot find a lot of info - has anyone had any experience as far as upgrading the stock speaker in the spider v60? It is a 10in I believe and is a Celestion. I am very happy with the modeling portion but I am thinking an upgrade of sorts on the speaker would really help the amp.  However, being that this amp has the tweeter and full range speaker, is it even something that would be easy to do?  Is there a different process that needs to be followed given the way these amps are set up?  I do not plan on doing this at the moment but know that on any other "normal" amp that replacing the stock speaker(s) can have a great effect on tone.  I am still new to the amp (2 months now) and have crafted some nice tones (tones that sound good to me anyway; I play hard rock/ metal) I have also downloaded some nice patches from the cloud.  I am sure it is operator error, but it seems that it is hard to get a bigger sound out of some the patches even with the remote app (running a Schecter C1 platinum with EMG 81/85; use the G10 wireless most of the time) Some of this may have to do with classic mode vs. full range as well (along with the cab sim, mike placement, etc)  Is this even a good idea to do a speaker swap on this particular amp?  Anyone responses with experience on this would be much appreciated!