Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 3.0—"THE ALONG CAME POLY UPDATE"

Digital_Igloo

Excited about user default and named "block presets". I didn't see anything about naming blocks when they are added into a preset though, wonder if that is in? That's another thing I've been missing for my more complicated presets where I swap and and delays in/out depending on which snapshot is actual. Would be killer to be able to name the delay blocks for example..

7 hours ago, msmithphoto said:

v3.0 of HX Edit compatible with Mac OSX El Capitan?

Should be, it the new OS where the problems are.

Note to all users -  this has to be smoothest update ever. 

Just waiting for all those usual “update bricked my Helix” complaints to roll in, or even worse “it won’t work on “Big Sur”.

Oh, dear! Look at all this slick new stuff they are missing.

Just wait until “spikey” sees that there is a tuner in Helix Native, but not HX Edit!

Hey, nice new startup screen, guys.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KasperFauerby said:

Excited about user default and named "block presets". I didn't see anything about naming blocks when they are added into a preset though, wonder if that is in? That's another thing I've been missing for my more complicated presets where I swap and and delays in/out depending on which snapshot is actual. Would be killer to be able to name the delay blocks for example..

If you save your delay as a favourite, when you add that favourite to a preset it will take the favourite's name.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

JFYI: HX Native manual download won't work (not that I needed it, just mentioning).

Try displaying the Manual from within HX Native and once the PDF is displayed (in your browser if you have the PDF Extension installed, for example in Chrome) then save it to your local hard drive or SSD.

Thank you very much! Can't go to my rehearsal place to update my Helix LT for a while, but I've been able to test the update on Helix Native and the new poly pitches are a dream come true! I can finally get rid of my EHX Pitch Fork! :D Also, I loved the new "Favorites" feature and the new Big Muff model. And the new looper mode looks really interesting! Can't wait to test it :)

Here's hoping for a polyphonic tuner mode in the future, now that the poly pandora box is open (so I can get rid of another of my pedals). 

Thanks for your hard work! Helix rocks one more time!

Hey, can someone explain the new Auto Impedance update to me? I have always just left the setting to the default and not paid much attention to it at all; it's always worked just fine for me like this. What problem is this addressing, exactly?

11 minutes ago, errxn said:

Hey, can someone explain the new Auto Impedance update to me? I have always just left the setting to the default and not paid much attention to it at all; it's always worked just fine for me like this. What problem is this addressing, exactly?

It sets the input impedances to that of the first active block, so if that first block is a fuzz the impedance will be low when it's on and higher when bypassed.

It more reflects how a real board would work.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, errxn said:

It fixes the subjective well-being of Tito83 from TGP forum.

Also, true bypass behavior is easily achievable by setting Auto Impedance to "First Enabled".

Had a quick spin with 3.0 on my Hx Stomp. Great additions.

The Diezels and the Princeton are spot on - call me impressed - well chosen default settings, too.

Favorite new features:

• 8 blocks
  • EQ frequency is now adjustable in 1Hz steps
  • Shuffling Looper
  • Min/Max Value Indicators
  • User Model Defaults
  • Updated manual

Thank you Line6 for this great update!

54 minutes ago, CraigGT said:

It sets the input impedances to that of the first active block, so if that first block is a fuzz the impedance will be low when it's on and higher when bypassed.

It more reflects how a real board would work.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense, and also explains why I wouldn't have cared very much about this, since the first block I always have is the volume pedal which is always-on. I might have to play around with this feature now for the proverbial s**** n' grins, though.

3 hours ago, MusicLaw said:

Try displaying the Manual from within HX Native and once the PDF is displayed (in your browser if you have the PDF Extension installed, for example in Chrome) then save it to your local hard drive or SSD.

Oh I know. But that was before I had everything installed. Was likely only due to half the world hammmering the L6 server anyway, things seem to be fine now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

Hm. Ok, each to their own, but I think it's quite a warbly affair.

Didnt heard any warbly affair, works great over here. Im testing it just after a subtle touch of compressor, and before anything else. :) (picking techniques, instrument setup, style....etc, are in the equation btw)

4 minutes ago, PierM said:

Didnt heard any warbly affair, works great over here. Im testing it just after a subtle touch of compressor, and before anything else. :) (picking techniques, instrument setup, style....etc, are in the equation btw)

I played with it for hours on Helix native and it sounded just as good as EHX's Pitch fork o Digitech whammy. I think it's truly awesome.

• Like 1

In poly sustain there isn't a chance to have a wet/dry regulation?

By the download information it appears to be only an effect level parameter but can't I have a dry level sets to zero? 

I would need to have a signal with wet 100% dry 0% on a separate path... 

Can you confirm me that? 

1 hour ago, SaschaFranck said:

Hm. Ok, each to their own, but I think it's quite a warbly affair.

Make sure your instrument is perfectly in tune first.  Makes a big difference.  Also set your levels carefully before the poly pitch block.

I was on beta for this and learned that those two things can make or break it.

• Upvote 1