Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 3.0—"THE ALONG CAME POLY UPDATE"

Digital_Igloo

9 minutes ago, krispn said:

Thanks just tryring this this morning and it telling me the file doesn't exist.

I've deleted older verisons of HX Edit went to line 6 and downloaded their 3.0 for mac and again as soon as I open it it says its 2.92. - this is the dmg file  If you can try and resend to me via drop box at  gavindevlin(a)(t) g mail(dot)com

Doh!

No problem - on it now!

DONE

Sorry about that.

Thank you

Same outcome - it's telling me it's 2.92. Ive binned all other instances I can see of HX edit unless somehting is hidden somewhere. I'll not waste any more time on this for now but thanks everyone for all your help and advcie!

• Thanks 1

Hi Krispn. 

Stupid question have you tried this on an other pc and if so are you getting the same result. That is if you have a 2nd pc.

This is only a suggestion. Uninstall the HX Edit and then go into regedit to search for all hits on "HX Edit". Then clean them up. Uninstalled doesn't always cleanup the registry. Also do a search on the HX Edit.exe in all directories to make sure they are all removed. Do the same for shortcuts. By doing this you will have a clean system to restart the install process.

5 hours ago, krispn said:

Same outcome - it's telling me it's 2.92.

Huh?

No! Not logical, that is the same disc image file that I used to install HX Edit 3.00.

Something is totally screwed up there.

EDIT:

Just looked at your screen grabs from today when you got the download from Line 6 - You are using Firefox for the downloads. Maybe that is the culprit, try flushing the caches from Firefox or use another browser to download and check what happens. Don’t do “Open With” use “Save File” and then open that.

5 hours ago, krispn said:

I'm a bit baffled!

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 12.24.31.png

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 12.27.14.png

Not a Mac owner so disregard this if it does not apply but I notice in this screenshot that you have the "Open With" DiskImageMounter option selected. Have you tried the "Save File" option to save the file to your local drive and then try opening it from there?  Seems like maybe it is not mounting the right file.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

it is not mounting the right file.

^ This.

9 hours ago, krispn said:

somehting is hidden somewhere

Apparently there's still a copy of HX Edit 2.92.dmg either in your ~/Downloads folder, or in a Firefox cache.

Get https://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile and search the complete hard drive for "HX Edit" incl. invisible items.

Hi Guys that is exactly what my directions should do for Krispn. to remove any unknown (left over HX Edit programs and pointer/settings in registry. Over the years I've seen orphaned program information left on the hard drive and very messy registry entries.

LOL Krispn you have to fix it now. We pull'n for ya.

Mine is really buggy - firstly I can't actually see the 8 DSP blocks, nor can I now see my output on the signal chain...

Now I can't see old tones made with a dual signal chain (the bottom signal chain is like all glitchy) and in some instances they are just totally blank and I can't even see any highlighted blocks? - Looks like an empty patch!

1 hour ago, CaseyJams said:

Mine is really buggy - firstly I can't actually see the 8 DSP blocks, nor can I now see my output on the signal chain...

Now I can't see old tones made with a dual signal chain (the bottom signal chain is like all glitchy) and in some instances they are just totally blank and I can't even see any highlighted blocks? - Looks like an empty patch!

You need to download and install HX Edit 3.0.

• Haha 1

Pretty cool update!  New features and new bugs, and old ones that have not been fixed:

old bugs:

1. disabling touch-sensitivity on buttons doesn't actually disable it

2. mono-out 1/4" is just the left channel, until you plug in a 1/4" cable into the right channel, and unplug it.  Then it becomes mono.

3. Going into tuner and exiting the tuner on the LT doesn't bring you back to the previous screen: it's either the block edit view or the performance view.  It can be changed by changing any setting in the global settings for the buttons.  For the LT, it makes sense for it to go back to the performance view (Snapshots, etc) after exiting the tuner, otherwise it's an additional button press.  

4. HX edit bug introduced in 2.9, still here: if you put the cursor on a specific block and CTR+S it, it doesn't get saved.  The only way to change where the cursor is placed in your chain is to make an additional change in your preset, such as disabling a block, CTR+S, enabling a block, putting the cursor on the necessary block, and CTR+S.

new bugs:

1. loud pop/clicking sound when switching between 2 snapshots where the Acoustic Sim was on and now is off.  

The acoustic sim is pretty good I gotta say, the most important feature for me, actually.  But it has that certain hissing sound, like a sample is being played when you strum notes/chords.  Like it's a hissy recording.  

Plz fix the bugs, Line 6, come on :P

3 hours ago, SaschaFranck said:

That must be an LT-exclusive one then. Always worked and still does on my Floor.

It's also on the floor model as well.  There's no way to disable "swap snapshots", etc.  Same thing with the tap tempo button, if you touch that it brings up a global tempo menu.  No way to disable that. 

7 minutes ago, theElevators said:

It's also on the floor model as well.  There's no way to disable "swap snapshots", etc.  Same thing with the tap tempo button, if you touch that it brings up a global tempo menu.  No way to disable that. 

Oh I see. Never bothered to check (because I always leave it on anyway). Now, does that really get into anyone's way?

3 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

Oh I see. Never bothered to check (because I always leave it on anyway). Now, does that really get into anyone's way?

For the sake of consistency, if there is an option to disable stuff, it should disable it :).  I am just very "lucky" that I manage to mess up settings live in the heat of the battle.  I want to disable everything I do not need to be on, and if I could, I would want to completely lock the unit, leaving just the buttons/exp pedal working.  I would definitely disable the on the fly editing option as well, where you can tweak settings of all your blocks with your feet.  It's convenient to some, but I do not want to have any remote possibility of getting stuck in some weird menu live. 

On 11/20/2020 at 5:38 PM, karlic said:

A brilliant update. Even on the HX Stomp I am getting Poly Capo working well with drive/amp/cab. No need for The Drop any longer and Poly Capo transposes up too.

Acoustic sim is good enough for live and very welcome. Also, 8 blocks means I can add reverb to patches that already used 6 blocks.

Simply way more than I expected and a game changer for use as a portable live unit.

Hi, I'm trying out the new Poly Capo feature hoping it can replace my DigiTech Drop, but it looks awful to me. Even if it's the only thing in the chain. If I try to play Sweet Child's intro, one semitone down, it sounds really awful. What am I doing wrong?

18 minutes ago, hx2011A said:

Hi, I'm trying out the new Poly Capo feature hoping it can replace my DigiTech Drop, but it looks awful to me. Even if it's the only thing in the chain. If I try to play Sweet Child's intro, one semitone down, it sounds really awful. What am I doing wrong?

You may be hearing the acoustic sound of the standard tuning as well as the Poly Capo effect. To test this, try turning your speaker/monitor volume WAY up, or use headphones or, even better, record a piece and see if it still sounds horrible on playback.

22 minutes ago, hx2011A said:

Hi,

It’s strange that you should mention a pitch shift anomaly - others have mentioned a similar thing.

Check this thread, it may be helpful if everyone posts in the same place and then notes can be compared to see if this is the same thing that others have found.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

54 minutes ago, hx2011A said:

Well, you're playing Sweet Child O' Mine, for one... :-)

Define "awful"... Are you hearing warbling, artifacts, etc? I mean, with single notes, it be tracking very well. I just tried that riff here, and it seems fine. Are you sure you're not hearing the sound of the strings with the shifted pitch? I find the virtual capo stuff almost unbearable without using headphones just because of the dissonance between the sound from the strings and what's coming from the speakers.

1 minute ago, phil_m said:

Define "awful"... Are you hearing warbling, artifacts, etc? I mean, with single notes, it be tracking very well. I just tried that riff here, and it seems fine. Are you sure you're not hearing the sound of the strings with the shifted pitch?

I'm using headphones. It sounds really awful using Stomp and also using HX Native. Tracking Auto EQ / Mix / etc.. are at the default levels

16 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

It’s strange that you should mention a pitch shift anomaly - others have mentioned a similar thing.

Check this thread, it may be helpful if everyone posts in the same place and then notes can be compared to see if this is the same thing that others have found.

Thanks a lot...following...

17 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Define "awful"... Are you hearing warbling, artifacts, etc? I mean, with single notes, it be tracking very well. I just tried that riff here, and it seems fine. Are you sure you're not hearing the sound of the strings with the shifted pitch? I find the virtual capo stuff almost unbearable with using headphones just because of the dissonance between the sound from the strings and what's coming from the speakers.

That’s the way!! If I use my studio monitor speakers it's a whole other thing. Trough headphones it's really awful. Thank you very much

5 minutes ago, hx2011A said:

That’s the way!! If I use my studio monitor speakers it's a whole other thing. Trough headphones it's really awful. Thank you very much

I had an unfortunate typo there that I’ve changed. It should have said “unbearable without using headphones”. With headphones I don’t notice the strings...

So, what exactly are you hearing?

1 minute ago, phil_m said:

I had an unfortunate typo there that I’ve changed. It should have said “unbearable without using headphones”. With headphones I don’t notice the strings...

So, what exactly are you hearing?

I notice an overlap of harmonics

25 minutes ago, calmero331 said:

What's up guys - I'd hate to throw this curveball question, but this error message came up as soon as I updated the firmware on my Stomp. Everything was forking fine up until this update. 

Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

4952EC0B-3FF8-48DF-B81A-B77891D244BC_4_5005_c.jpeg

Did you also update HX Edit to 3.0?

42 minutes ago, calmero331 said:

What's up guys - I'd hate to throw this curveball question, but this error message came up as soon as I updated the firmware on my Stomp. Everything was forking fine up until this update. 

Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

4952EC0B-3FF8-48DF-B81A-B77891D244BC_4_5005_c.jpeg

As noted by “HonestOpinion” in the post above check you HX Edit is v.3.0. 

IIRC, this error may also indicate a corrupted preset in your setlists.

Check this thread for clues and /or solution.

16 minutes ago, hx2011A said:

I notice an overlap of harmonics

Well, one thing with that riff starting with an octave like it does, is that it can reveal if you have any intonation issues. You'll get beating if you're out of tune at all, and those sort of things will sound even worse by pitch shifting.

15 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Well, one thing with that riff starting with an octave like it does, is that it can reveal if you have any intonation issues. You'll get beating if you're out of tune at all, and those sort of things will sound even worse by pitch shifting.

I am in tune, I use a 2i2, I have tried with Sennheiser MOMENTUM II and Sony MDR7506. While I'm playing and recording with Studio One, listening with headphones, it sounds awful when playing but good when listening to the recorded track. Fender Strat and Gibson LP behave the same way

14 minutes ago, hx2011A said:

I am in tune, I use a 2i2, I have tried with Sennheiser MOMENTUM II and Sony MDR7506. While I'm playing and recording with Studio One, listening with headphones, it sounds awful when playing but good when listening to the recorded track. Fender Strat and Gibson LP behave the same way

If it sounds good in the recorded track, than that means you're hearing the unaltered guitar somehow. I'm wondering if you're hearing the direct guitar along with the processed tone. Is this with Stomp or Native?

Just now, phil_m said:

If it sounds good in the recorded track, than that means you're hearing the unaltered guitar somehow. I'm wondering if you're hearing the direct guitar along with the processed tone. Is this with Stomp or Native?

Same behavior using both. I do not know what to think

2 hours ago, calmero331 said:

Thanks for replying!

Wait so, I have to update BOTH the Stomp and Edit? I thought by updating HX Edit (with my Stomp plugged in via usb), it'll update everything? 

Nope, sounds like you have not updated both(firmware and HX Edit) yet. You have to update HX Edit to 3.0 by downloading and installing it and you also  have to update the firmware to 3.0 which can be done from within HX Edit.  HX Edit and the firmware do not automatically update together yet. As datacommando pointed out there is also always the possibility you have a corrupted preset.

On 11/26/2020 at 8:11 PM, theElevators said:

Plz fix the bugs, Line 6, come on :P

That's incredibly rude.  They JUST released this firmware.  There are ALWAYS bugs in new software/firmware releases - it's impossible for there not to be since customers always do things that are slightly different/unique from what the QA teams and developers test, no matter how thorough and rigorous their testing is.

Give them a GOOD length of time to assemble and finalize a list of bugs with highest priority/shortest release time and then to actually solve the bugs, test all bug fixes. retest EVERYTHING since most bug fixes touch on code outside of just the single item being fixed, and then deploy it.

Bug fix releases typically take a long while to come out, and they can't fix everything in every situation, specially so if they can't reproduce it.

Also - please submit your bug on official channels since it's possible you are the only person who has encountered it so far... and certainly you'll be one of the first.  It could even be the position of your acoustic sim pedal in the virtual pedalchain, such as before a compressor or whatever (just an example, not saying that is it or that a compressor would cause the problem).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, donkelley said:

That's incredibly rude.  They JUST released this firmware.  There are ALWAYS bugs in new software/firmware releases - it's impossible for there not to be since customers always do things that are slightly different/unique from what the QA teams and developers test, no matter how thorough and rigorous their testing is.

Give them a GOOD length of time to assemble and finalize a list of bugs with highest priority/shortest release time and then to actually solve the bugs, test all bug fixes. retest EVERYTHING since most bug fixes touch on code outside of just the single item being fixed, and then deploy it.

Bug fix releases typically take a long while to come out, and they can't fix everything in every situation, specially so if they can't reproduce it.

Also - please submit your bug on official channels since it's possible you are the only person who has encountered it so far... and certainly you'll be one of the first.  It could even be the position of your acoustic sim pedal in the virtual pedalchain, such as before a compressor or whatever (just an example, not saying that is it or that a compressor would cause the problem).

Agree with you about new bugs, give them time to be sussed out after a new firmware release and maybe his entreaty to Line6 should not have lumped new and old bugs together, and #3 which is more of a feature request. Not sure if everyone is seeing the same bugs this fellow is but to be fair the majority of the bugs he listed existed prior to the 3.0 release, at least on his device, and it is natural to be disappointed to see them persist after a new firmware release.  Never a good thing when the same bugs remain after multiple firmware releases.  With that said this does seem more like a topic to celebrate the new release but that might just be the way I see it. There are probably other topics and definitely the ticketing system that provide a better opportunity to address outstanding bugs.

• Like 1