Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd Pod Pro Into Computer Speakers

michaelhope

I have been simply using the headphone out of my pod pro hd into my aux in to my external computer speakers, it sounds perfectly fine to me by the way.

Should I go out and purchase studio monitors that take advantage of all the output possibilities of the Pod?

Would I hear a noticeable difference? I am recording via usb so I am good there but I am wondering if I am taking full advantage of the pod audio wise?

Thanks,

I have a pair of low tier m-audio speakers (Studiophile) but they only had a RCA connection so I had to use the AUX in on them as well and quite frankly my labtec with sub woofer computer speakers sound much thicker and are louder. Any suggestions on "real" studio monitors? They shouldn't cost more than the pod itself?

Thanks, 

the main reason for studio monitors is for the flat response necessary for mixing and recording, not necessarily volume.  If you are happy with your volume and sound with the higher grade computer speakers and don't need to do heavy mixing stay with them.  Good active studio monitors are not cheap.  Cheap, lower grade, or poor quality computer speakers however, will neither sound good nor have any volume and a replacement solution should be sought.

I chose to use a small stereo power amp with a pair of 8" Infinity 2 way bookshelf speakers off eBay.  The whole lot was under $200 and sounds awesome.  There is no one solution, just many options.  Figure out what you really want to do first and then you can find what works in your price range.  Don't rely on others to tell you what you "need"...

• Upvote 1

... Any suggestions on "real" studio monitors? They shouldn't cost more than the pod itself?

Thanks, 

Behringer Truth-series is good value for the price. And that is not the only reasonably priced brand. There are plenty usable ones.

(we - as in "we, the people" - should remember that even our cheapest gear almost certainly is way better than tools of those - guess not so familiar - names like Jimi Hendrix, Beatles, Elvis(h) etc, so getting the most expensive gear there is does not necessarily make us sound any better. We also need something to say, before we record it and toot it out on innocent bystanders)

What ever you decide to buy, please do not fall in subwoofer trap. Most of those toot their bass over everything and make the listener grind his teeth in fear of the fillings in his teeth falling off. Studio monitor needs to show you ecxactly what you played in. Not to color it in any way.