Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two MIDI connections possible?

claudeu

I want to make two MIDI connections with my HX stomp. One to my iPad to change programmes in HX stomp according to the song lead sheet and the other to my MacBook to edit the presets with the HX stomp software. I don't always want to change the MIDI cable but prefer to leave two cables permanently connected. How is this possible or not possible at all? 

Well, only one of these is using MIDI. HX Edit is using USB. So you could keep that connected via a USB cable. If you wanted to control the Stomp from MIDI from the iPad, you could do that with a MIDI adapter. Something like the Yamaha MD-BT01 would allow to use Bluetooth from the iPad to send MIDI messages to the Stomp.

• 2 weeks later...

Something like the Yamaha MD-BT01 would allow to use Bluetooth from the iPad to send MIDI messages to the Stomp.

I bought a Yamaha MD BT-01 (Bluetooth/MIDI adapter) to send program change commands from the iPad app "ForScore" to my Line 6 Helix Stomp via Bluetooth.

Between ForScore on the MacBook and the Helix Stomp it works fine via Yamaha MD BT-01.

Between ForScore on the iPad and the Line 6 HX stomp it doesn't work.

Bluetooth on iPad is active and the Yamaha MD BT-01 is displayed. The MIDI channel is set.

Still no program change is sent or received.

Can you help?