Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3.0 UPdate

Wondo100

Very excited about the new update. I have only had a couple of hours since I downloaded it and about an hour with it so far. Very nice upgrades. The pitch effects are really stellar. 

One thing I noticed however, is that the Factory presets are much lower in volume than the originals. When I brought back in the Brit 2204 from my setlist backup from Factory 1, it was so much better than the new Brit 2204. Am I missing something here? I hope someone can tell me I am doing something wrong. 

I kind of figured as much, but a lot of the presets sound lifeless. I was surprised at the difference. I am going back to the originals and of course my own presets. Overall, I am very pleased with the upgrade. I was hoping for some upgrades to the new reverbs as I was told by a Line 6 person that this would be coming in the newest update getting some of them closer to the Blue Sky.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:42 AM, cruisinon2 said:

This makes 3.0 the best update ever! There's nothing better than an inaudible factory preset...;)

I loathe presets.... but with this update I read about some artists contributions and decided to give a few a try. Nope... I still loathe presets!

I have no doubt that those players get great tones with what they have created.... but not with my hands & guitars. 

• Haha 1

I have to say, for me, the presets of the Helix are its biggest let down, especially compared to the plug-in versions by others. They just do not do the unit justice at all and I don’t know why. I love my Helix, love Native, but if you fire up a preset from say AmpliTube, it just sounds better out the gate, a great starting point. That said, replace the cab with an IR and they come to life. Maybe it’s just how I’m using it, who knows.