Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

amplifi75 can use Neural dsp??

hosukgun

Hi Hosukgun,

What I have done with my Amplifi to use with my other effects processor board is replace the 1A tone with a custom tone I created called FRFR (Full Range Frequency Response). In the tone I have turned off all effects and amps except reverb (which is on but set to 0 by default). This gives me the ability to use all my pedal board's effects with no Amplifi tones interfering with the sound, and I can simplify reverb simply by turning the knob on my amp to the level ideal to the situation I'm in. I used this setup when I was a guitarist in the orchestra for Mamma Mia in January and February this year and it worked flawlessly. 

I believe a similar setup may work for you, however I am not sure what the latency for the Neural DSP plugin will be like with the Amplifi. I am interested to see how it works out for you because I have been tossing up getting some plugins for a while, to use with my line 6 gear.

Hopefully this helps for you!

Riley.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,
I found this conversation during my searching for a solution to the same sound overlapping problem of the Amplifi effects and sound coming from plugins running on PC (like Neural DSP, Amplitube, etc) when the amplifier is used as audio interface.

I'd like to know if someone have found a definitive solution to this, I'd like to use Amplifi as full audio interface to play guitar with any PC plugin through any DAW and reproduce it in real time through Amplifi's speakers (without any external monitor speakers or headphones).

If possibile I would like to have some more details on the "reverb set to 0" solution suggested by Riley, specifically:
1) Can I apply this solution having only the Amplifi connected via USB to the PC as audio interface or I need some additional device? Obviously I would avoid buying an additional audio interface between Amplifi's and PC.
2) If I understand correctly, creating an "empty" preset, with all the blocks off and only the reverb on and set to 0, will you get the effect of eliminating the annoying direct guitar clean sound that you hear in the Hosukgun's video?
3) What exactly is meant by "I can simplify reverb simply by turning the knob on my amp to the level ideal to the situation I'm in" ?

I am very grateful for your answers and suggestions.
Francesco