Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD GO connection, help for a newbie

striker92

Hello everyone, i wish someone can help me with my new Pod Go, and how to connect it to my speaker. I have an frfr headrush active speaker designed for this type of unit, and my hi-fi stereo amplifier, for now.

1 - It is possible to connect both, and make the guitar sound coming only from the frfr speaker, and the music from my computer connected with usb to the interface from hifi stereo? At first, i was using only my hifi stereo, using both the main out with a 2x trs > 2x rca cable, to connect the unit to the stero amplifier, to hear both.

2 - If yes, which output i should use (main out, amp out)? And how i should set this two option on the settings of the unit?: Main Out Level (Line, Instrument), Amp Out Source (Main Out, Pre Cab/IR).

3 - Also, can i use a speaker cable, the one i used to connect my marshall head to a guitar cab, to go from the interface to the frfr speaker? I have a good one.

Thank you very much!

I would suggest that you use the AMP OUT of the POD GO to drive the headrush....Use the main outs for the hifi like you are doing already....You will need to set the AMP out in the system to mirror the main outs...Don't use a speaker cable for a line signal...use a signal cable. It won't hurt anything to use it, it would just likely be kinda noisy.

33 minutes ago, spaceatl said:

I would suggest that you use the AMP OUT of the POD GO to drive the headrush....Use the main outs for the hifi like you are doing already....You will need to set the AMP out in the system to mirror the main outs...Don't use a speaker cable for a line signal...use a signal cable. It won't hurt anything to use it, it would just likely be kinda noisy.

Thank you for the support! Ok, already tried that. I was not sure i could use the amp out for the frfr! Now the only problem, is that i still get the guitar sound combined with the computer audio in the hifi. But i want to hear me playing just from the headrush. Is that possible?

7 minutes ago, striker92 said:

Thank you for the support! Ok, already tried that. I was not sure i could use the amp out for the frfr! Now the only problem, is that i still get the guitar sound combined with the computer audio in the hifi. But i want to hear me playing just from the headrush. Is that possible?

I think the only way that would work would be with the AMP Out set to PRE CAB/IR....But you sorta need the IR to make the headrush sound right as that mode is really intended for a conventional guitar amp....I think another way you could try working around this might be using the FX Loop....If you stick the FX Loop at the end of the chain and use a Y-cable, you could jump the loop and tap the output...That should be sans playback...kind of a hack, but if you are not using the loop, it's doable and you could take it stereo as well to the headrush.