Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit 3.0 not recognizing latest Firmware

JS1125

I'm running HX Edit 3.0, which I downloaded and installed (even uninstalled previous version, downloaded fresh, reinstalled).  It just skips past the update and when I try to manually check for updates I get a notice that the my helix floor is up to date with the latest firmware version 2.92.  Screenshots below.  Appreciate your time

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.36.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.38.41 PM.png

38 minutes ago, JS1125 said:

I'm running HX Edit 3.0, which I downloaded and installed (even uninstalled previous version, downloaded fresh, reinstalled).  It just skips past the update and when I try to manually check for updates I get a notice that the my helix floor is up to date with the latest firmware version 2.92.  Screenshots below.  Appreciate your time

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.36.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.38.41 PM.png

Strange, I did not get this error. As you noticed your firmware is still showing 2.92. What I might try (take backups first):

1. Roll back to HX Edit 2.92
  2. Try to upgrade the firmware to 3.0 from within HX Edit 2.92
  3. If that doesn't work download and reinstall HX Edit 3.0
  4. Download the Updater and the firmware Flash file for 3.0
  5. Do a manual firmware update to 3.0
  6. Still not working check/change USB cable and/or ports.  Reboot computer.
  7. Consider doing a Helix global reset.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this same problem. It's really very annoying. Updating should be easier. I followed the steps to the letter, but when i got to the backup section, it would not create a backup, so I closed to start over. And that seems to have messed everything up. I created a backup manually from the menu, but when I check for updates, it says I'm current at 2.92. HX Edit is at 3.0, but it won't update my Floor to 3.0. And the instructions give a link to download the Updater (in the unlikely event that update fails) but the link is broken!!!  There has to be a better way to do updates. 

6 minutes ago, rawhiteley said:

I'm having this same problem. It's really very annoying. Updating should be easier. I followed the steps to the letter, but when i got to the backup section, it would not create a backup, so I closed to start over. And that seems to have messed everything up. I created a backup manually from the menu, but when I check for updates, it says I'm current at 2.92. HX Edit is at 3.0, but it won't update my Floor to 3.0. And the instructions give a link to download the Updater (in the unlikely event that update fails) but the link is broken!!!  There has to be a better way to do updates. 

Not sure what happened to the link, but you can download Line 6 Updater here: https://line6.com/software/

Just leave the first pulldown blank and select Line 6 Updater from the middle one.

• Like 1

Update: So I reset my HX Floor to factory and then reinstalled the backup I had just created. Then I deleted HX Edit and reinstalled it from scratch. When I reconnected Floor to Edit, it then said that an update was available (3.0), and it prompted me to create a backup (I didn't need to, but I had no choice, and the backup worked this time). Update worked fine after that. I think it was deleting Edit and reinstalling that did the trick, not resetting Floor to factory settings. But you might try both if one doesn't work.

Same issue. I have downloaded 3.0 for my HX stomp. Did this from within HX edit on my mac. HX Edit still on my mac still shows as 2.92 even though my HX Stomp has been updated to 3.0.

Problem - HX Edit on the mac will still only show 6 blocks rather than 8. Can't figure out how to update mac version of HX Edit to 3.0

9 hours ago, mstevulak said:

Same issue. I have downloaded 3.0 for my HX stomp. Did this from within HX edit on my mac. HX Edit still on my mac still shows as 2.92 even though my HX Stomp has been updated to 3.0.

Problem - HX Edit on the mac will still only show 6 blocks rather than 8. Can't figure out how to update mac version of HX Edit to 3.0

Hi,

First go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and leave the  "-ALL HARDWARE-" as it is, then from under the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" select HX Edit, now select Mac OS from under the "-ALL OS-" tab, then click “GO”.  From the next page you can select HX Edit 3.00 for your HX Stomp, then scroll down and click on the blue “GET DOWNLOAD” button. On the next page agree to the EULA and wait for HX Edit to land in your downloads folder on your Mac. Ensure that no other version of HX Edit is on your Mac (Applications -> Line 6.-> HX Edit) and run he installer. Just to make sure, restart your computer and HX Stomp. 

That should do it.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done multiple updates to Helix Lt in the past and never had a problem.   I am on a MAC with OS X.    I've got the Helix to 3.01.   I thought that I had done HX Edit.  I went in looking for the new Princess Amp, not in Hx Edit, but in the Helix.  So...saw this thread.  Clicks on the update button at the bottom of HxEdit.  it says that I am in 3.0.  After I clicked that button once, it is now gone.    Hx Edit about confirms helix is 3.01 and hx edit is 2.92.  I have downloaded the DMG about 4 times and when I open the DMG for 3.0 it says 2.92 rather than 3.0.    Very confused.   So sorry!  If anyone can help that would be great.  

12 hours ago, billjolly said:

I have done multiple updates to Helix Lt in the past and never had a problem.   I am on a MAC with OS X.    I've got the Helix to 3.01.   I thought that I had done HX Edit.  I went in looking for the new Princess Amp, not in Hx Edit, but in the Helix.  So...saw this thread.  Clicks on the update button at the bottom of HxEdit.  it says that I am in 3.0.  After I clicked that button once, it is now gone.    Hx Edit about confirms helix is 3.01 and hx edit is 2.92.  I have downloaded the DMG about 4 times and when I open the DMG for 3.0 it says 2.92 rather than 3.0.    Very confused.   So sorry!  If anyone can help that would be great.  

I’m going to guess that you used Firefox for the download from Line 6, and when it landed on your computer you decided to let Firefox open the .dmg installer? 

No, stop, don’t let Firefox decide - download HX Edit 3 and save the file to your hard drive then open it from there.

If you downloaded the .dmg using Safari, then try flushing the cache from Safari and download again.

EDIT:

Also make sure that you have removed any older versions of HX Edit, because it is not unknown for people to accidentally open an “alias” to a previous version.

Hope this helps/makes sense

and if not please report back.

Edited by datacommando
Added info

Datacommando, Thank you so much for being so gracious!!!   I read through the thread and had been fighting with it for a long time.    I was done in 5 minutes after your reply.    Summary: I was using Safari; went into finder; searched for HX Edit; Moved HX Edit to the trash; the 3.0 DMG was sitting right next to the 2.9 DMG in the same search window; lauched the 3.0 DMG for Hx Edit.   This time it said, HX Edit 3.0.   Before when I would launch the DMG it would say 2.92.   Have no idea why the 3.0 DMG launched directly from the download folder was loading 2.92, but that's what seems to have bene happening.    All good now.   Thanks again.  

• Thanks 1

Had the same issue with Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite, running on a 2011 Macbook Pro. Resetting etc. didn't work so I worked around the problem by installing HX Edit 3.0 on another laptop running on Windows 10. Here the normal update procedures were no problem at all. When connecting my HX Effects to the Macbook again, HX Edit now shows Firmware 3.01 there as well.