Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

1 Switch Looper via Expression Pedal Toe Switch

troll_breeder

Hi,

I am using a Helix Rack but currently don't have a floor control unit but a Mission Engineering expression pedal with toe switch.

Is it possible to use the 1 Switch Looper with the toe switch?

I know that I can assign various HX Looper actions from the command center, but it seems to me that this doesn't allow to replicate the behaviour a 1 Switch Looper with the automatically assigned stomp footswitch would provide.

Can it be achieved that the toe switch behaves identical to the default footswitch behaviour for the 1 Switch Looper?

Thanks phil!

Can you give me a hint how to achieve that via MIDI?

I can see that MIDI CC 60-67 are related to looper functionality, but it seems like those are the same actions I could already assign to the toe switch via the command center (record/overdub, play/stop, etc.). I would like to replicate the default footswitch behaviour for the 1 Switch Looper though, which has multiple functions at once.

Do I need to use the CC 49-58 messages to simulate pressing a footswitch which is assigned to the looper?

1 hour ago, troll_breeder said:

Thanks phil!

Can you give me a hint how to achieve that via MIDI?

I can see that MIDI CC 60-67 are related to looper functionality, but it seems like those are the same actions I could already assign to the toe switch via the command center (record/overdub, play/stop, etc.). I would like to replicate the default footswitch behaviour for the 1 Switch Looper though, which has multiple functions at once.

Do I need to use the CC 49-58 messages to simulate pressing a footswitch which is assigned to the looper?

The only way you'd be able to emulate the 1-switch looper via MIDI is if you have a MIDI controller that allows you to assign different CCs to the various switch functions - press, hold, double-tap. I think the Disaster Area Designs MIDI Baby would allow this, for example.

Using the MIDI CCs associated with the footswitches themselves won't work, because those are all just single-use things. Things like press or hold have no meaning when it comes to a MIDI CC, as the CC message just gets shot out once.

• Upvote 1