Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native 3 Blacklisted in Cubase

Thark

Hi all. I'm running Cubase 9.5 on a Mac with Osx Mojave 10.14.6. I just installed Native 3.00, twice, and both times Cubase blacklisted it. If I reactivate it then Cubase goes straight to software purgatory. Going back to Native 1.93 and all is fine again.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

18 hours ago, Thark said:

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

Hi,

I haven’t used Cubase since it was a simple MIDI sequencer on the Atari 1040ST, I’m a Logic user.

Anyhow, I’m not sure what is going on with your version of Cubase and Native, (Cubase could be being over zealous with the new version), but a quick look at the Steinberg Help Pages reveals this:

https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v10/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/installing_and_managing_plugins/plug-in_manager_reactivating_plug_ins_from_blacklist_t.html

Not sure if that brings the “lost soul” of Native back out of Purgatory - worth a shot?

It might be advisable to raise a ticket with Customer Support to make them aware of this. There may be other users having the same problems who don’t post here. Also, you could see if this has been mentioned on the TGP and Helix Facebook forums.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On my side, it was blacklisted because VST3 crashed during validation at Nuendo start.

I just opened AU version inside Logic, converted presets and close.

Then I started again Nuendo, removed it from blacklist, re-validated it, and it works well.

It seems preset conversion, or just before, is buggy on VST3 version 3.0

Thanks, datacommando. I tried this option to bring it back to life but it immediately crashed Cubase. :(

aastudio, that might be worth a try. I'll grab the trial version of Logic and see what happens.

Failing this, I guess I'll have to raise a ticket with Support.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, loonsailor said:

When I first brought it up, it informed me that it was converting the presets to the new version, which happened very quickly.

Hi,

That’s normal procedure to bring all the presets in line with the latest format. On the hardware units this is very noticeable when restarting    after a firmware update. I don’t think is so obvious within Helix Native, but with hardware you see this occurs every time you add an older preset of your own, or any downloaded from Customtone, and even paid for presets, as they may have been created in earlier versions of the firmware. I can’t say that I particularly noticed this happening in earlier versions of HXN, but it is pretty swift and this new version 3.0 has some major revisions to the things inside it.

As you mention, HXN seem to generally function as expected on a Mac. I have had it running in Logic since the first release and not come across the issues that seem to be reported by Cubase users. Difficult to figure some of these problems with other programmes, there doesn’t appear to be anything obvious. This is a fairly quiet forum, with not that many contributor, which is why I recommend people submit a ticket with Customer Support to make them aware of the issues.

Stay safe.

On 11/24/2020 at 5:37 PM, Thark said:

No luck with Logic. Thanks anyway for the suggestion. I've opened a ticket with Line 6 and we'll see what happens.

Great! Hope they will fix this fast.

(I have the same problem. Cubase 11, iMac Late 2015, macOS 10.14.6. After reinstating HXN 3 from the blacklist, Cubase 11 crashed mercilessly.)

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, albanbernard said:

Hi everyone. 

How do you manage to use AU instead of VST3 on windows 10 pc ?

Should I remove the VST3?

Hi,

If you need to remove Helix Native the information to do this is on Page 6 of the Helix Native Pilot’s Guide. 

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a41143d65fb6bcb2ed8ca/application/pdf/Helix Native PilotGuide v3.00 - Rev N - English .pdf

Also, much more useful information in there.

Salut,

Si vous devez supprimer Helix Native, les informations pour le faire se trouvent à la page 6 du Guide du pilote Helix Native.

Helix Native PilotGuide v3.00 - Rev N - Anglais .pdf

En outre, beaucoup plus d'informations utiles là-dedans.

J'espère que cela aide / a du sens

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok. Finally, Native 3.01 is working. I'm not sure why but my guess is that, having done a "security upgrade" for Mojave, that somehow fixed the problem. Here's a link tot he upgrade page: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201222. Again,  I don't know if this is what fixed it but ...

As a side note, Line 6 was very helpful with this problem. They emailed me several times with questions and even got in touch with Steinberg for their input.

Cheers,

Keith