Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Auto Spillover?

DBCrocky

It's nice that it's available, and if I were brand new to the device I'd probably be all over this, but at this point it would mean completely re-engineering everything. Most of my patches are dual amp with a wide range of crystal clean to really dirty, plus a bunch of FX available as needed, all controlled with snapshots...not overly excited about going back to the one patch, one sound philosophy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

It's nice that it's available, and if I were brand new to the device, I'd probably be all over this, but at this point it would mean completely re-engineering everything. Most of my patches are dual amp, with a bunch of other stuff going on...not overly excited about going back to the one patch, one sound philosophy.

I agree.  I like drawing up song specific presets with lots of things built in using snapshots.....however, for a simple grab and go type gig or open jams...simple presets with spillover is easier than having to try and draw 4-5 sounds of out 2 amps and a crazy amount of snapshot changes.  

1 hour ago, themetallikid said:

I agree.  I like drawing up song specific presets with lots of things built in using snapshots.....however, for a simple grab and go type gig or open jams...simple presets with spillover is easier than having to try and draw 4-5 sounds of out 2 amps and a crazy amount of snapshot changes.  

Most of the time I can get by with 4 snapshots... clean, a little breakup, medium gain rhythm tone, and lead. I don't want to tap dance any more than I absolutely have to. I could accomplish the same thing with 4 separate patches and spillover, but there'd have to be some other compelling reason to redo all the grunt work, and at the moment I can't think of one. Otherwise I'd just be recreating everything, only to arrive right back where I started. If I were constantly hitting the DSP wall that would be one thing, but that rarely happens. We'll see...I'll fiddle with it.

36 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

Most of the time I can get by with 4 snapshots... clean, a little breakup, medium gain rhythm tone, and lead. I don't want to tap dance any more than I absolutely have to. I could accomplish the same thing with 4 separate patches and spillover, but there'd have to be some other compelling reason to redo all the grunt work, and at the moment I can't think of one. Otherwise I'd just be recreating everything, only to arrive right back where I started. If I were constantly hitting the DSP wall that would be one thing, but that rarely happens. We'll see...I'll fiddle with it.

Again, I agree....I've resorted to 6 core tones (so far), clean/gritty/push/crunch/rock/hard rock.  and then lead versions of each of those.  I'll arrange them in one 'setlist' so that I have different options available in different banks.  But Its more work in HX Edit than tap dancing.  Although I did challenge myself to recreate tones on Path A only....just to see if I could do it (always seem to make presets more complicated).  With the new favorites, amps, OD's...I've never created presets that sound so good from scratch so quickly.  It was a little bit of work to set up what I stored as favorites (and more work to go there as well) but its rediculously fast now.