Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

When I press joystick to open model list on Helix floor 3.0 nothing happens.

Oyvind03

When I press joystick to open model list on Helix floor 3.0 nothing happens.

I have upgrade Helix floor and HX Edit to 3.0. In HX Edit I can see and load up new models from the list.

In Helix floor the model list will not show up when I press down the joystick. I can move joystick around.

It worked in 2.92.

Can someone help me?

5 hours ago, Oyvind03 said:

Do you have other suggestions?

I had a joystick fail on me once, but it was the jog-wheel one, over on the right near the volume.

It seems that the tags needed to be re-soldered. Sent it away for repair and it's been fine ever since.

Could be the same thing on the preset selector wheel. Maybe time to have to looked at by a Line 6 tech.

Hope this helps.

If you're SURE you've installed HX Edit v3.0, and you're SURE that Helix FW is v3.0, and a Factory Reset didn't fix the problem, you might have a broken joystick.

Open a Support Ticket.

Since your next question is "It worked before the update, why doesn't it work now?", the answer to that question is, "$h1t happens" :-)

same thing happened to me the moment i updated once.. (back in the new snapshot update days) still haven’t been able to get it fixed as the repair place is a few hours away (and i’m a poor musician lol). i just survived with helix edit.. i can’t imagine it was the updating process that killed it but it was strange timing

1 hour ago, Oyvind03 said:

Yes i can

I do not think the joystick is broken. I can move the joystick right, left, up down but when i push down the menu will not show up

This same thing happened to me on my Helix floor.  I could do all other operations other than press it.  It's a fairly common solder point problem.  If it were related to the update you wouldn't be able to do the operation in HX Edit since HX Edit depends on the Helix firmware to actually accomplish that action.  If you can do it in HX Edit then the Helix firmware is working fine.

This sounds like a badly timed hardware fault to me.

To prove it start your Helix in test mode with FW 3&4 held down.

Select UI Test

Turn the Joystick - ENCJ value should change

Move the Joystick - JOY U D L R should go green

Press The Joystick - ECCJ should go green.

I had a similar problem with mine but I lost the rotation.

Tank you. That´s right

When I push down on the joystick to choose UI Test nothing happens.

I can navigate down but nothing happens when i push down on the menus.

I gone take it to service her in Norway. I hope they can solder it

• 5 months later...

I had the EXACT same issue after updating from fw 3 to 3.11.

No extra strain to the unit, and no different feeling to the joystick. It just fail to react to the push-action.
VERY strange timing for a physical failure to my Helix floor 

37 minutes ago, JoLeFo said:

I had the EXACT same issue after updating from fw 3 to 3.11.

No extra strain to the unit, and no different feeling to the joystick. It just fail to react to the push-action.
VERY strange timing for a physical failure to my Helix floor 

Did you do a factory reset and restore from backup after updating?

27 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Did you do a factory reset and restore from backup after updating?

Nope, i will try during this weekend. I hope its just a hiccup so ill try to factory reset

1 hour ago, JoLeFo said:

I hope its just a hiccup

I just did the factory reset. It’s all the same ;

the joystick push function is dead. 

i guess the issue is physical then…

• 3 months later...

I’m on here in the hope of finding a solution as my helix floor has just developed same fault. I’m thinking it’s a wear an tear fault with age then as I’ve had mine from when it was first released. I tend to do a lot of patch creation and tweaking using the hardware rather than hs edit. I reckon it’s just gave up with use.

On 11/22/2020 at 8:50 PM, DunedinDragon said:

This same thing happened to me on my Helix floor.  I could do all other operations other than press it.  It's a fairly common solder point problem.

As Mr. Dragon said in his post, the issue i discovered was the failed solder points. 

As i opened the Helix i found that one or two cables has come loose quite a time ago making the twist for scrolling function not working for months. (Aaaand i discovered that my Helix was in a serious need of an internal clean up) 

The third cable came loose and the whole joystick died.

I had to solder these back in place and strenghtened the solderpoints/small cables by adding some supporting silicone glue. In this way the solder points will not be moved as the joystick is used. 
this is definitively a weak point on the Helix, wich could be avoided if theese solderpoints/ cables has ben better supported with silicone or hot glue in the first place.

FC17D339-4BA8-45ED-A22C-0D31F0E1AD64.jpeg

• Upvote 3