Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware 3.0 issues

robbmelancon

• 4 weeks later...

OK I'm an HX Stomp user and I'm getting "The Helix device failed to recall snapshot data properly" since updating to firmware 3.  Firmware 3.01 didn't fix it and neither did restoring global settings. It doesn't happen until I try to change snapshots.  The snapshot won't change but I can change presets with no problem.  So far this has only happened with individual presets after I reorder them.  I noticed people had this issue with firmware 2.8 but I did not ... until 3.0.  I did not see that anyone had a solution (?)  And I also just noticed that when I change snapshots in HX Edit, the parameters do change, but the switches/display on he stomp do not and not all of the parameters actually change (in the output). 

2 hours ago, PatronSaint said:

OK I'm an HX Stomp user and I'm getting "The Helix device failed to recall snapshot data properly" since updating to firmware 3.  Firmware 3.01 didn't fix it and neither did restoring global settings. It doesn't happen until I try to change snapshots.  The snapshot won't change but I can change presets with no problem.  So far this has only happened with individual presets after I reorder them.  I noticed people had this issue with firmware 2.8 but I did not ... until 3.0.  I did not see that anyone had a solution (?)  And I also just noticed that when I change snapshots in HX Edit, the parameters do change, but the switches/display on he stomp do not and not all of the parameters actually change (in the output). 

Does this still happen after you restart your Stomp?  There is often a rebuild process that occurs one time after shuffling presets around as you describe.

• 3 months later...
On 12/18/2020 at 12:08 PM, PatronSaint said:

I'm also having the same issue running 3.01.0.  HX Stomp was working fine using multiple snapshots per preset before the update.  Tried to go back to 2.9 and 2.8 and the problem never got fixed.  Once it locks up, nothing works and it disconnects from the HX Edit.

FWIW my HX Stomp also gets locked up on the loading screen probably 3 out of 5 times.  I have to restart it, manually until it pushes through to the main screen.

Anyone have any ideas?