Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Since updating to 3.0 problem .

copperheadroad

Since updating to 3.0 ,(I have my hx stomp hooked up my pc via usb to use hx edit  ,but it is going in to a presonus audiobox 22vsl interface . & now as soon as my hx stomp is turned on I loose the any audio on my pc ,  like a youtube video .  i did had this same problem when i first bought the hx stomp & corrected it buy taking the interface out of the equation when installing the software .  now having to do this again will not correct the problem . I've tried uninstalling  & installing again but with no fix . 

With no info about your operating system I will guess Windows 10 and suggest you click on the Volume/Speaker icon in the tray to select the default sound device (not the stomp).

Other windows versions require you to set that in control panel.

Mac - no idea

Assuming Windows 10, open the Sound Panel and select the computer's sound card as default Playback device. Then take the Headphone out from the computer into a pair of inputs on the VSL, where I assume that you have your speakers connected.

Basically I need to turn the built in interface off  ,my studio monitors are connected to my presonus interface as well as my pc . & i only have the hx stomp hooked to the pc to us hx edit .after the update as soon as i turn the stomp the audio on my pc is muted .  & I did install update with no other audio device connected to the pc as suggested .    

• 4 months later...

Sometimes a Windows update will do it too.

If you're using Reaper, sometimes after a Reaper update you need to reinstall HX Edit to get the drivers working again.

The mysteries of the digital wonderland!

• Upvote 1