Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is year of production important?

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a used JTV-59 and I'm only considering models between 2015 and 2020 in order to make sure that the electronic and battery is still in good conditions.

Since electronic hardware can evolve a lot over time, is there something to know about the manufacturing of the Variax models in the last years?

In example, should I look more at models built after 2018 because there have been hardware improvements? (if yes, which improvements?)

It's hard to find an accurate information about it, thanks in advance for your help.

My 59 is a 2017 (bought new this May) and I don't think there has been anything new since that.

I know at some point they changed the pickup selector switch but sadly you'll have to wait for psarkissian to swing by with his in depth knowledge of the model.

He is here fairly frequently and always helps.

Hardware on a 59,...

--Bridge adjustment set screws are a little longer to give more adjusting margin for broader intonation adjusting.

That was two to three years ago.

--JTV overall, no hardware changes since 2014 that I can think of. The usual ongoing periodic updates to Line 6 Monkey

and Variax Flash program updates.