Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp + Specular Tempus MIDI help

DionRushe

Hey guys! Abolutely loving 3.0 so far. I have a MIDI related question that hopefully somebody can help me with.

I am running my HX Stomp with a Specular Tempus and am having some problems getting it to communicate.

The tap tempo is working fine from the Stomp but is it possible to programme it to do this:

- Snapshot 1 in my stomp uses patch A in Tempus

- Snapshot 2 in my stomp also uses patch A in Tempus

- Snapshot 3 in my stomp switches to patch B in Tempus

I don't want to change bank on the tempus - I just want it to change to patch B from A when I hit footswitch 3 (snapshot 3) and vice versa. I seem to have tried everything including the new command center but can't seem to get it to work. 

Is this doable?

Each patch in the Tempus should have a PC# associated with it. Assign that PC# to the Instant Command (IC1) in the snapshot you want to call it from:

IF 

Patch A = PC#1

Patch B = PC#2

THEN

SS1/IC1=PC#1

SS2/IC1=PC#1

SS3/IC1=PC#2

If Global Settings>Preferences>Snapshot Edits is set to DISCARD, then don't forget to save the preset between each Snapshot Edit.

If set to RECALL then just save the preset when you're done.

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

I have another question about using the Tempus with HX Stomp,

Is it possible to match the tempo of the both units just taping on the HX tap tempo switch?

I try to do that  by setting the IC1 of my snapshot  to CC25 to the Tempus, with no setting for the speed, but I couldn't get the tempo changing after taping on the HX FS3.

Did I miss something?

Thanks for any help.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to necro this thread, but I just got a Stomp and am trying to configure it to control my tempus. I don't understand the first reply. When I look in Command Center, I only seem to pick between MC and CC as midi options. Within the CC options, I don't see any options for PC. 

Also, since there are a limited number of IC's in Command Center, is it possible to just call up a preset on the Tempus that already has all the parameters you want saved instead of sending multiple CC messages to configure what you want each time? 

Thanks for your help.

26 minutes ago, Tweaked05 said:

Also, since there are a limited number of IC's in Command Center, is it possible to just call up a preset on the Tempus that already has all the parameters you want saved instead of sending multiple CC messages to configure what you want each time? 

I assume that's what a SAVED preset on the tempus is, all settings saved in one place.

So if I understand you correctly, in Command Center, my first IC would be set to Bank/Program, and I would set the "Program" number to the preset number on my Tempus, and then use a second IC to select Channel A or B using the correct CC message?

Example: Tempus Preset 10A would look like 

IC1: Bank/Program > MIDI Channel 15 > Program 10 (all other parameters left off)

IC2: MIDI CC > MIDI Channel 15 > CC#18 > Value (Any)

There is no Channel A/B.

From Page 2 of the manual:

----------------------------------------------------

Preset System
Specular Tempus has 32 presets organized within 4 pages, where each page contains 4 banks, and each bank contains 2
patches (A and B).

---------------------------------------------------

That's only relevant if you are NOT using a MIDI Controller.

When using a MIDI Controller, you call the 32 presets directly using MIDI PC#s 0-31.

Refer to page 18 of the manual.

Bank 1 Patch A = PC#0

Bank 1 Patch B = PC#1

Bank 2 Patch A = PC#2

Bank 2 Patch B = PC#3

etc,

Bank 16 Patch A = PC#30

Bank 16 Patch B = PC#31

So, all you have to do is set Snapshot 1 (the default Snapshot that loads with the preset) IC#1  to the PC# you wish to load on the Tempus when the HXS preset loads.

You can use the same IC#1 to load a different Tempus preset in Snapshots 2 and 3 if you so desire.