Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go with Powered Cab?

rp1965

Think I remember reading that the L6 powered cab was quite expensive... Also in some comparisons, think it didn't fare so well vs competition (ex; real cabs or whatnot).  A lot of people seem to like the $200 headrush FRFR cab, just make sure you<re using balanced cables.  But if you're using studio monitors, not sure how much of an upgrade that would be...  https://line6.com/support/topic/56640-vastly-different-sound-frfr-vs-headphones/

What are you currently using as studio monitors?

I just ordered a Tech 21 Deuce Deluxe and have high hopes for it.  Price is in between the Headrush and the powercab.  It has some good reviews.  See this discussion for more info.  I really like that it works with a bass too.

I tried the Headrush units (both the 108 and the 112) and didn’t like them at all.  They were very bassy and muffled sounding.  That was with a Headrush unit though and I didn’t put a lot of effort into it like some here have.

I currently use the power amp in of the Katana Artist mkii and it sounds pretty good.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2020 at 1:22 AM, jcnesbitt said:

I just ordered a Tech 21 Deuce Deluxe and have high hopes for it.  Price is in between the Headrush and the powercab.  It has some good reviews.  See this discussion for more info.  I really like that it works with a bass too.

I tried the Headrush units (both the 108 and the 112) and didn’t like them at all.  They were very bassy and muffled sounding.  That was with a Headrush unit though and I didn’t put a lot of effort into it like some here have.

I currently use the power amp in of the Katana Artist mkii and it sounds pretty good.  

How u connect your Pod Go with Katana? I have the same amp 100 mkii..do u use the amp or preamp on Pod Go? Thx

20 hours ago, catalyn86catalyn said:

How u connect your Pod Go with Katana? I have the same amp 100 mkii..do u use the amp or preamp on Pod Go? Thx

check out the 4 cable method in the manual.  Or, you can connect go direct to effect loop and bypass the Katana's effects and go straight to cab.  You might want to try with and without cab, see if one works better than the other.

I have the Laney LFR-112 FRFR cab and it is pretty cool. It lights up around the edges (if you turn it on) and has onboard cab sim and a tone control to alter the focus if it sounds a little harsh or too dark. It has an XLR out so you can send the output directly to PA, including the cab sim and tone tweak.

It sounds great with my Pod Go and is sturdily built, too.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got the Laney LFR 112 and I haven't even tweaked the POD GO and sounds great!  Only used the HF Trim in th back of the Cab (like a tone control).  

I'm sure that with tweaking will sound even better, since I have my presets done for my studio monitors the iLoud Micro.