Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Helix Stomp into Power Conditioner (EU) for 4-Cable Method hum question

MetalBatman

I think I am picking up a ground loop hum using the 4-cable method. I am going into an EVH 5150III 50W on the red channel so it's high gain stuff I am doing. When i turn off the FX Loop using the pedal the hum is weakend considerbly. When its on I am not touching the strings I get a very audible hum. When I play the hum is weakend again. Anyway I would like to clear up this hum.

I have the following power conditioner which in conjunction with CIOKS DC7, Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 and/or Mooer Macro Power 12 removes most of the hum I get with using other pedalboards and complex chains. So I do have a noiseless rig with these.

https://www.furmanpower.com/product/10a-standard-power-conditioner-wlights-230v-M-10LX E

This is my Furman Power Conditioner. M-10LX E.

http://resources.nortekcontrol.com/products/M-10LX-E/pdf_M-10LX-E_datasheet.pdf

It has a single IEC C14 inlet for a C13 connection. Those IEC C13 connetions are also the 10 outlets at the back. There is one C13 outlet also in the front for convenience.

The HX Stomp I have came with a Connection for 9 V DC 3 A power supply.

At the moment I am not connecting the HX Stomp to the Furman. It is plugged into a seperate power outlet in the wall because I do not have a simple power extension cord with an IEC connection.

I am considering getting a power extension cord with the IEC connection and plugging the HX Stomp into this extension cord and that way having everything powered by the power conditioner. However it is my understanding that power extension cords are not the best way??? to go about power conditioning and I am not even sure if this will get rid of the hum.

So what is my option to get rid of the hum? Will the power cord into the power conditioner be enough or will I need something else to get there?