Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3,0 update stuck ,,,

rockinb

Hey guys… I’m trying to update my helix floor to 3.0… HX Edit updated normally ...  It appears to be stuck at this point… It never started updating the helix floor apparently although it says firmware downloaded successfully… Suggestions?

Image may contain: text that says 'Floor XEdit File Edit Snapshots Window Help Devices LINE Ne HELIX w ance Update Device HX Edit will now update your device firmware to the latest version. This proces process take fewminutes. oks Backto HX Edit Firmware downloaded successfully. ssawi.frthist.comple to complete. presets again, wait for this Update oil icer ongs Top Site... oqle- bt.e Con Movies rrent ine6 Line6 truefire Helix rrgle Can midas The Doug uTool_ Speedtest.ne DriveBC ww BitTorrent'

yea totally, how did you fix it, OP?

Possibly he clicked the "Update" button.  Looks ghosted, but maybe it wasn't.

Or just restarting the update app maybe.

OP, it would be good to share this info for the rest of the world to solve the same problem in the future :-)

1 hour ago, donkelley said:

yea totally, how did you fix it, OP?

Possibly he clicked the "Update" button.  Looks ghosted, but maybe it wasn't.

Or just restarting the update app maybe.

OP, it would be good to share this info for the rest of the world to solve the same problem in the future :-)

I fixed the problem the other day and posted my solution in another post, but what I did was I closed hx edit and unplugged the usb from my helix and my computer. Then I turned on and off my helix , and plugged the usb back in. Then I launched the line 6 updater and selected my helix then updated it. However , it only showed me 2.92 instead of 3.0 but maybe it’ll show you 3.0 

ok thanks.  weird though.  you're running hx edit 3?  are you on a pc or a mac?  I've read of issues with cached or other pre downloaded versions of hx edit (2.92) already on a mac can sometimes be launched instead of the newly downloaded 3.0 version.  (( would imagine it's to do with how OSX transparently makes symbolic links for downloaded files and for temp folder files and they can, in some cases, point at the wrong file, if something went a little weird during one of the downloads))..

Anyhow, glad it helps.  But if it's 3.0, it'll say it's 3.0.... or else you're not running the correct updater.  That much has been established by Line6 staff, I think (I beta tested 3.0 and my particular source of interest to test and retest was, in fact, the upgrade procedure...)

Anyone know what the fix was here? I think I'm having the same issue. Stuck at "Firmware downloaded successfully", but the Helix itself doesn't show anything. 

Someone in the Facebook Helix group suggested factory reset and try again, but I don't want to do that unless I have to. 

Help?

36 minutes ago, mhallsj said:

Anyone know what the fix was here? I think I'm having the same issue. Stuck at "Firmware downloaded successfully", but the Helix itself doesn't show anything. 

Someone in the Facebook Helix group suggested factory reset and try again, but I don't want to do that unless I have to. 

Help?

Hi,

Go to this thread and try what I suggested there. The OP in that thread said it worked for him.

Same guy posted here.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

I'm not totally sure what the fix was, but somewhere in the midst of unplugging the USB, re-plugging the USB, letting HX Edit get confused, force-killing HX Edit, canceling out of the "Update now" and clicking "update available" instead, etc... it finally decided to move forward with the install. 

Lame, but at least I'm updated now. :/

• Like 1