Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

input level parameter for delay/reverb blocks

rudomat

Wrong forum. This is where you go if you're serious about suggestions for changes and improvements:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting a new idea, please search to see if it's already been proposed. If 100 people vote on the same idea presented 20 different ways, it looks like only 5 people care about it!

Also, post your ideas one at a time. I for one NEVER vote for multple combined suggestions.

8 hours ago, rudomat said:

hey line6...couldn't you spend at least the delay and reverb blocks extra input level controls...? 

As mentioned by “phil_m” in the post above, why do they need separate level controls.

Jason Sadites has a video on YouTube describing gain staging and shows that Helix delays and reverb will take just about anything that you can throw at them.

Here ya go - I found it for you. Check from 21:40 when he adds a delay after the amp. Hope this helps/makes sense.

i run the stomp in 4cm and have an extra expression pedal for delay and one for reverb (in the amps fx loop) on all the time...so i want to control the inputs of those fx, not the outputs...at the moment i have to use two extra volume blocks in front of those fx...so i could save two blocks, if i had this one input level parameter in those fx...

4 hours ago, rudomat said:

i run the stomp in 4cm and have an extra expression pedal for delay and one for reverb (in the amps fx loop) on all the time...so i want to control the inputs of those fx, not the outputs...at the moment i have to use two extra volume blocks in front of those fx...so i could save two blocks, if i had this one input level parameter in those fx...

Hi again,

I’m still a little bit confused by this. The Send/Return blocks have level controls for in and out  and the FX Loop also has a mix control. If you have both your external expression pedals connected to the Stomp EXP 1/2 Socket then each pedal can be set to control wherever parameters you wish on the delay and reverb blocks.

Maybe I have completely misunderstood your set up, but I don’t know why you need 2 volume blocks for this, or why the delay and reverb blocks need level control.

Hope this makes sense to you.

5 hours ago, rudomat said:

Are you trying to control the LEVEL of Delay and Reverb with the EXP pedals? If so, I do exactly that with no input levels or added volume blocks.

Just assign the EXP to the MIX parameter on the delay or reverb in question then set the MIN/MAX levels accordingly. 

i play 4CM...i have the hx delays and reverbs mixed (via line mixer) to my original dry signal, so my mix controls are 100% wet... ..yes...i could use those return levels, but i don't, since i run the delay and reverb blocks in parallel and i do want one expression pedal to control the delay amount and the other to control the reverb amount ok...this is not really unusual, this is very, very normal!!

...so i need to use those volume blocks...understand?

...and no...i don't want to use a mix control for that, cause i don't want any dry signal here...my mix controls are 100% wet...

35 minutes ago, rudomat said:

yes...i could use those return levels, but i don't, since i run the delay and reverb blocks in parallel and i do want one expression pedal to control the delay amount and the other to control the reverb amount ok...this is not really unusual, this is very, very normal!!

Nobody said this isn't normal... but we also had no idea of your setup and what you were trying to do until you posted this level of detail.

I can see the problem you face. Sadly, none of the Split blocks have level options or you could have used that. 

I see you posted the idea to ideascale..  I supported it with an upvote. 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/extra-input-level-parameter-for-delay-and-reverb-blocks/1003876-23508

1 hour ago, codamedia said:

Just assign the EXP to the MIX parameter on the delay or reverb in question then set the MIN/MAX levels accordingly. 

Yep, that was basically what I was getting at.

If he was only going for a 'swell effect' from the EPX pedals assign them to control the Mix and Feedback simultaneously.
Now it makes more sense.
Phew!

1 hour ago, rudomat said:

..so i need to use those volume blocks...understand?

Now it makes more sense. If only I had known how you were using the line mixer.
You now have 3 votes on IdeaScale.

• Like 1