Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

wireless MIDI transmitter not paring

claudeu

I'm having trouble connecting my HX stomp (3.0) to my iPad via the Yamaha wireless MIDI transmitter MD BT-01. I want to initiate a program change from ForScore. 
Unfortunately paring does not work with my iPad. Do I need to set something in stomp to make the MD BT-01 work?

In the meanwhile I succeded to paire MD BT-01 in my HX stomp to the iPad. 

But it doesn´t send the MIDI program change to ForScore (the lead sheet App).

I changed the MIDI settings in HX stomp from USB to MIDI and have the right MIDI channel.

With a cable connection everything worked fine.

Has anybody have an idea?

I wonder if this is a yamaha midi transmitter support question possibly too?  Just a thought that maybe you could post the same question to their forum also (assuming they have a support forum like this)... doesn't hurt to get input on two pieces of technology, not to mention forscore also.

Once you DO get it running, I'm very interested to hear how it all works out for you.

Yeah! Finally made it after a long time of trying!

Line 6 HX stomp Global settings: MIDI: MIDI "on",MIDI PC Rx "MIDI, MIDI PC Tx MIDI,
Turn off HX stomp

Launch iPad
Bluetooth "on"

Launch Yamaha MD BT-01 software

Switch on HX stomp

In Yamaha MD BT-01 software, click on "select function" and quickly click on MD BT-01 in Bluetooth Settings to activate it.

Now the program change on the HX Stomp from ForScore on iPad works.
  • Thanks 1

That system sounds ideal for session players or live gigging musicians (weddings, backup bands, etc).... glad to hear it works for you!

So are you doing program changes in forscore so when you go to a new sheet music it automatically sets up your hx stomp program to match the song?