Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go not working as audio interface on Mac

KnutN

Hi,

I have just unboxed my new Pod Go and started exploring what it can do. One of the first things I tried was hooking it up to my MacBook to record some stuff into Garageband. But I can not seem to get it working. All I am hearing when playing are loud synthetic beeps.

• Pod Go is connected through the USB port to the mac
  • I just updated to the latest firmware
  • When playing through the headphone jack or main out from the Go everything sounds fine
  • I have selected Pod Go as the input device in Mac OS.
  • In Garageband, I have set up a single "audio" track for recording, and chosen channels 1+2 as input
  • A "soundwave" shows up when recording, but it looks all blocky and nothing like a natural sound signal

Is there some other setting/config I am missing? If not, what would be the next steps for troubleshooting?

Cheers \Knut

I advise not to use the Pod Go as your OS sound device and as a DAW sound device simultaneously.

In your DAW (GarageBand), go to preferences and choose the Pod Go as your input sound device. Set your recording channel to Inputs 1&2.

This will instruct the Pod Go to use USB sends 1 & 2 to your track.

You do not mention if you are using another sound device to monitor playback from GarageBand - are you?

If yes, then make sure that in preferences you choose the Pod Go as your input and your regular sound card as the output.

Let me know how things go :-)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for getting back so late! 

I have now made sure the OS sound device is set to builtin microphone, and chosen the Pod Go channels 1&2 as input in GarageBand. Also checked the settings in GarageBand, and they are set as you suggest. Still, experiencing the exact same issue.

For output device I have tried either builtin speakers or bluetooth headphones, but that does not seem to make a difference.

One new finding is that if I move the USB to a different port on the mac, the sound sometimes work for a few seconds right after plugging it in. It then degrades back to beeping noises. So, perhaps this has something to do with the USB drivers on the Mac

Oh, could it really be the cable? I did buy a third-party one since the Pod Go comes with a USB-A cable and the mac only has USB-C ports. Tried with an adapter first but that did not work so I though getting a USB-B to USB-C cable would do the trick. But maybe not then.

I am currently on mcOS Catalina, but will update to Big Sur now and see if it makes a difference.

• 7 months later...