Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Hd500 Edit While Plugged Into Amp

eagletalond

Shouldn't be a problem in doing that. The one thing is you'll probably get some extraneous noise coming out of your amp by having the USB and 1/4" outs connected at the same time. This shouldn't be a huge issue if you're just editing tones, though.

I do it consistently with no issues.  The potential noise problem is related to the particular USB hub and drivers on your PC.  I don't have any noise problems with my desktop HP running Win7 with either the 1/4 outs to my SS amp and speakers or by L6 link to my DT25.

Don't use your effects loop, plug the pod L 1/4"(mono) output directly to the guitar input of your amp and you should have no issues.

Sorry but that doesn't have any effect on the issue and he is quite alright running straight into the FX loop of his amp to bypass the amp's pre section.  We still don't know what kind of problem the OP is actually having anyways.  You need to tell us what exactly is going wrong here.

Can you edit your sounds on the POD and listen to the changes?  If so, then HD Edit works essentially the same way, only you're interfacing with your computer instead of the POD.  

More details are needed... Are you not able to edit the patch on HD Edit?  Are you getting weird results?  

Sorry but that doesn't have any effect on the issue and he is quite alright running straight into the FX loop of his amp to bypass the amp's pre section.  We still don't know what kind of problem the OP is actually having anyways.  You need to tell us what exactly is going wrong here.

I agree he should be alright running into the FX loop of the amp, I was pointing out the system that works with my setup, POD> USB to PC, Guitar>POD GUITAR IN>POD L/MONO OUT to AMP GUITAR IN, and I hear all the changes in real time, if I am misunderstanding and thats not what he is trying to do then I do apologize.

I agree he should be alright running into the FX loop of the amp, I was pointing out the system that works with my setup, POD> USB to PC, Guitar>POD GUITAR IN>POD L/MONO OUT to AMP GUITAR IN, and I hear all the changes in real time, if I am misunderstanding and thats not what he is trying to do then I do apologize.

no worries... until the OP tells us what is actually wrong its time to move on...