Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT stuck on Boot Failure, not recognized by Line6 Software

joshn16

So I just tried to update the firmware on my Helix LT to 3.0, I believe it was 2.92 or something before. The first time I tried it the update failed, it said to turn the Helix off and back on again and try again. The second time it again failed, but this time when I started the Helix it failed to boot and now is stuck on the screen that says "Boot Failure, Entered Update Mode!" (something that doesn't seem fit to have an exclamation point at the end imo :D)

The Helix is no longer recognized by HX Edit. I have tried different USB cables, tried moving from my Mac to a Windows 10 machine, tried installing multiple versions of HX Edit on both devices, nothing is working.

I'm starting to stress a little because I need the unit to play this Sunday and could really use some advice other than change the USB cable or wait 10 hours :)

Have you tried a full system reset / restore?

Reset Options

#Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination Description
2 LED light Fun
3 & 4 Test Mode
5 & 6 Global reset
7 & 8 Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs
8 & 9 Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs
9 & 10 Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs
10 & 11 Upgrades existing presets to latest format
11 & 12 Clear current preset
5 & 12 Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default
6 & 12 Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

So I’m not sure what happened but after wracking my brain and searching any and every topic on the internet and getting no results I tried Updater one more time with nothing showing as usual. My cousin was helping out and just started pressing random buttons because we were hopeless at this point and all the sudden it popped up in Updater and let me finish the update! By some miracle my unit is now in perfect working condition without any loss to presets.

Thanks for the help anyway!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I have a Helix LT and got half way through when the Boot Failure error came up with no way to resume. I downloaded the latest Line 6 Updater but my MacBook Pro won't open it because Apple can't check for malicious software. This is why I never download new upgrades until the bugs have been worked out, but 3.5 sounded so great I used poor judgement. Any Suggestions. Right now I'm screwed. I'm running Big Sur operating system.

Thanks!