Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi And Istomp

Carlos_Danger

I have 5 iStomps and the Soul Food. I also have an 11R that I just got yesterday, so I will be putting the Soul Food in the front end, and the iStomps in the FX loop of the 11R. I would try the selections in the Amplifi to use what you can from what's there, and program the iStomp for whatever you want. Just note that the iStomp pedals have a huge algorithm so chances are it may sound better than what's in the Amplifi. I am setting mine for everything but dirt, and will give it all a shot later when my PROM2 arrives today in the mail.

Trying out my new Amplifi 150. One thing I don't like is the lack of lead boost. Hoping that a footswitch is in the cards for the future.

Has anyone tried a stomp box in front of the Amplifi? 

try the FBV Express or shortboard MKII  for footswitches.  the shortboard MKII has a stomp switch which can enable any of the stomp FX in the app - things like "boost and EQ", tube drive, screamer, etc.  instead of that you could use the volume fx block to set the min to 80% and max to 100% (or whatever you like) and use the expression pedal as your lead boost.  heel is normal, toe is lead boost.

I've not tried a stomp yet, but it's on my list of things to do.

So... You are saying that the FBV Express will allow me to kick the stompbox on and off? I heard it just worked to switch patches.

No I was saying the express and short board are available as foot switches and specifically the short board can do what you want. Just take a look at a pic of the express, there's only the 4 preset switches and expression. But if as a boost you would only need more volume then the expression could be used.