Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Iv 75- W/ Eventide Pitchfactor Pedal?

euphoria5150

Hey Guys - 

I'm just wondering if anyone has used the Spider IV amp  with a external Eventide PitchFactor pedal? I know the amp doesn't have the standard FX loop, just wondering if running direct sounds good... or to see if anyone has done it?

Thanks,

Russ

Anything is possible...but in 25+ years, unless it's a pedal with true bypass circuitry, I've never been able to get anything to sound decent running straight into the front of any amp I've owned. If it's not how it colors your tone when the effect is turned off, then it's the extra noise that gets generated, and a noise gate will only do so much, usually at the expense of sustain. If it doesn't have an fx loop, or so many onboard fx that I won't need anything else, I don't even bother looking at it anymore.  Just my $0.02.

Thanks man! We will see.. if not.. looks like I will be playing more out of my 5150 amp w/fx loop! :) 

I just love that little spider amp in my bedroom. Do you know if any of the spider amps have a fx loop in the back? I know they are primarily for effect built-in and sound great, but I think the Line6 heads have fx loops. Just wondered if that mkII combo amp did...

Thanks,

Russell

Thanks man! We will see.. if not.. looks like I will be playing more out of my 5150 amp w/fx loop! :)

I just love that little spider amp in my bedroom. Do you know if any of the spider amps have a fx loop in the back? I know they are primarily for effect built-in and sound great, but I think the Line6 heads have fx loops. Just wondered if that mkII combo amp did...

Thanks,

Russell

The Spider Valve series might...and should for the price, but I don't think that any of the solid state ones do.  I've got the HD150 head...it has no fx loop. But that stays at the rehearsal space in case anything else craps out. There's so much fx junk in there, at $250 (with the MKII floorboard...both used) for a spare amp, I didn't care.