Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Freezing (Post F/W 3.00)

JackRabbit160

Hi all,

This is more of a heads up, as I have a resolution (of sorts) to my issue.

Like many, I made the jump recently from F/W 2.92 to 3.00. I'm not normally an early adopter but recent firmware updates had gone well and so I deviced to have a leap of faith. The update itself went without hitch, but I soon ran into issues whilst using a 1SW Looper (the problem may also relate to the 6SW, etc., but I've not tested). As a relative newbie to playing guitar, my setup is incredibly simple, so nothing I'm doing is likely to be taxing the HX Effects unit too heavily. In fact, in this paticular case my setup simply included a Bass Octaver, Analog Flanger, Minotaur, Plate Reverb, LA Studio Compressor and a single switch looper (all on a single path).

My problem is that recording a 4 bar loop causes the HX effects to hang. I'm unable to end the loop and all switches and buttons cease to function; my only option being to power off the device.

I thought it may be an issue carried over from previous settings, so I performed a factory reset. Initially, I restored (only) my Presets, but as the problem persisted, I conducted a second factory reset and setup the pedals fresh. No difference, the unit still hangs.

I've managed to resolve my issue by reverting to 2.92 (which works perfectly), but this isn't  ideal. I can't think what else to try at this stage and/or I'm not sure what additional information is needed to help troubleshoot.

Anyway, as I said, this is more of a heads up (for others who may be suffering the same issue).

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Also, I'm happy to provide additional information and/or conduct tests if it will prove beneficial.

Regards

Jack.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just experienced exactly the same thing..
Just moved house, so doing a late upgrade..

My HX effects unit does the same thing.. (I have in the past had issues with the unit - comms to PC still dodgy), but last couple of updates was building back my confidence.. Until this..

At least it may be a bug that needs fixing..

I had used all 9 blocks, ( patch made up from new) only using about 3 blocks actively.. 

When using 1Sw looper - nothing happened.. No LEDs etc. Then about 2mins later my guitar noise after pushing button comes through. Like you, I have to cycle power to reset..

I will try raising a ticket with L6 support..

Simon

On 11/27/2020 at 5:26 AM, JackRabbit160 said:

Hi all,

This is more of a heads up, as I have a resolution (of sorts) to my issue.

Like many, I made the jump recently from F/W 2.92 to 3.00. I'm not normally an early adopter but recent firmware updates had gone well and so I deviced to have a leap of faith. The update itself went without hitch, but I soon ran into issues whilst using a 1SW Looper (the problem may also relate to the 6SW, etc., but I've not tested). As a relative newbie to playing guitar, my setup is incredibly simple, so nothing I'm doing is likely to be taxing the HX Effects unit too heavily. In fact, in this paticular case my setup simply included a Bass Octaver, Analog Flanger, Minotaur, Plate Reverb, LA Studio Compressor and a single switch looper (all on a single path).

My problem is that recording a 4 bar loop causes the HX effects to hang. I'm unable to end the loop and all switches and buttons cease to function; my only option being to power off the device.

I thought it may be an issue carried over from previous settings, so I performed a factory reset. Initially, I restored (only) my Presets, but as the problem persisted, I conducted a second factory reset and setup the pedals fresh. No difference, the unit still hangs.

I've managed to resolve my issue by reverting to 2.92 (which works perfectly), but this isn't  ideal. I can't think what else to try at this stage and/or I'm not sure what additional information is needed to help troubleshoot.

Anyway, as I said, this is more of a heads up (for others who may be suffering the same issue).

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Also, I'm happy to provide additional information and/or conduct tests if it will prove beneficial.

Regards

Jack.

8 hours ago, simonjhopkins said:

I have just experienced exactly the same thing..
Just moved house, so doing a late upgrade..

My HX effects unit does the same thing.. (I have in the past had issues with the unit - comms to PC still dodgy), but last couple of updates was building back my confidence.. Until this..

At least it may be a bug that needs fixing..

I had used all 9 blocks, ( patch made up from new) only using about 3 blocks actively.. 

When using 1Sw looper - nothing happened.. No LEDs etc. Then about 2mins later my guitar noise after pushing button comes through. Like you, I have to cycle power to reset..

I will try raising a ticket with L6 support..

Simon

The first thing I would do is update to the latest 3.01.0 firmware.  You will still be using HX Edit 3.0 as HX Edit 3.01.0 does not exist.  There were some non-specific bugfixes in this quickfix firmware release. Maybe they will resolve your issue.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

1st post here so hello everyone. I also have HX Effects 3.01 and had exactly the same problem with the 1 switch looper. Note I've only used it twice, and had the problem both times - I didn't do any diagnostic work (using simpler patches etc) as I'm unlikely to use it anyway. The 6 switch appears to work perfectly though.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, same with me.. I was already updated to the latest versions on everything.. Still having same problem..

I opened a support ticket and am going to keep asking for L6 updates..

My ‘fix’ is that I was lucky not to have sold my ditto looper.. I don’t want to downgrade. (I wonder if Helix and LT / stomp are similarly affected..)

• 3 weeks later...

Currently running 3.01.0 HX FX

I rarely ever use the looper. When I do it's just to test out effects in the chain after the 1 Switch looper. I tried it today and it locks up the whole device. I can still play but cant change anything with any button/knob. A reboot brings it up again but any exsisting patch, or new patch I add the 1slooper to does this. It worked fine on whatever was before 3.0
I did not factory reset as the looper isn't used by me in a band setting. I only use it for help with adjustments to my tone.

• Upvote 1