Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Das Benzin Amp?

hellrazor1

Im very new to Helix. I was trying to download a preset that has the Das Benzin amp. I have the latest 3.0 version. When I tried to paste it to a new preset it told me it can't be done because some of the devices were not available. I then looked in my amp list and it is not there. 

I'm sure here's made a script that does it for him. If not, he's a charitable, kind and patient soul.

On that topic, I also updated before updating Edit, felt that something was wrong "with me", got anxious etc.... Came to the forum and saw the 300 threads panicking about the same problem. Now I see people who help and people who chastise over posts just will dissappear over a few weeks. So I really appreciate when people are patient enough with those who MAY NOT be forum regulars and arrive here understandably nervous. Yes there is a search function but, by the same token the UX for the update process could be improved.

Likes, as this is such a recurring problem and given the numner of 3.0 updates these weeks, why isn't Line 6 putting that black retangle WARNING of theirs to clarify about the Edit 1st, Helix 2nd order of biz?

TL;DR thanks @phil_m

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, StaccoP2P said:

On that topic, I also updated before updating Edit, felt that something was wrong "with me", got anxious etc.... Came to the forum and saw the 300 threads panicking about the same problem. Now I see people who help and people who chastise over posts just will dissappear over a few weeks. So I really appreciate when people are patient enough with those who MAY NOT be forum regulars and arrive here understandably nervous. Yes there is a search function but, by the same token the UX for the update process could be improved.

See, I wasn't blaming anyone.

If I'd blame someone, it had to be Line 6 because updates simply shouldn't be possible without an updated HX Edit. Or, in case you have updated your unit before already, HX Edit should simply refuse to work in case it was an older version (or at least tell you that you wouldn''t be able to make use of all features using that older version). That's more or less a standardized procedure in the software world and I fail to see a reason why Line 6 would *not* do it this way, especially given that after *each and every* update half the world seems to be having problems.

Then take, say, Native Instruments. In case you want to update any of their products, it has to happen via Native Access. And before you can even start doing so, you need to allow Native Access to perform an auto update. You *never* see anyone complaining about that part of the process to cause any issues. It's straightforward and just works (for that part at least).

On 11/27/2020 at 9:09 AM, SaschaFranck said:

Out of curiosity: Got any idea how often you've typed that sentence by now?

I for one had to stop counting and thought about slamming it into some kind of clipboard manager...

LOL. As much time as we have all spent typing this message out over five years worth of updates we would have been better served getting an open source team together and rewriting the update process or a wrapper for users that takes care of HX Edit and the firmware.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

LOL. As much time as we have all spent typing this message out over five years worth of updates we would have been better served getting an open source team together and rewriting the update process or a wrapper for users that takes care of HX Edit and the firmware.

Totally. I'm not a coder, but I work in and around FLOSS and can see how this woul drssult in a massive qualitative jump.

On 11/28/2020 at 10:06 AM, SaschaFranck said:

Or, in case you have updated your unit before already, HX Edit should simply refuse to work in case it was an older version (or at least tell you that you wouldn''t be able to make use of all features using that older version). That's more or less a standardized procedure in the software world and I fail to see a reason why Line 6 would *not* do it this way, especially given that after *each and every* update half the world seems to be having problems.

Yeah, it's pretty bad UX and would seem to be a simple fix, so I'm baffled at why they haven't implemented it.

Regardless of how you get there, the Benzin Amp is amazing.  I upgraded to v3.00 yesterday late afternoon.  After making some adjustments to my go-to setlist I thought I'd play around with my scratch-pad setlist I use for testing prior to moving to my go-to set list.  All I can say is "WOW!"  After setting up my template I use with the 2x12 interstate cab I added a tone sovereign & gate at the front then seasoned to my personal liking.   So far I have two snapshots to go between the stock Benzin settings and the tone sovereign and gate.  But it is amazing.

Just Plain Dennis

PS: Thought I'd attempt to bring this back to the Benzin even if it wasn't the OP's focus of "where is it".

I'm very impressed with the Benzin models as well. Especially the Mega is a fireworks of touch sensitive articulation while the sound is still resting on a nicely compressed and thick - but never boomy or muddy - bottom end. The mids are so musical and complex. That VH4 channel 3 is legendary for a reason, and Line6 captured the mojo, imho.