Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stomp snapshot changes cannot be saved

claudeu

I was probably too hasty! I use MacOS Big Sur and HX Stomp 3.0.
And there are some problems. Worst of all I find that changes in the snapshots' block values are not kept. I have set "discard" and are saving after every change of a value. When changing the snapshots the value jumps back to the old value. Is this because of the combination of 3.0 with Big Sur?

4 minutes ago, claudeu said:

And there are some problems. Worst of all I find that changes in the snapshots' block values are not kept. I have set "discard" and are saving after every change of a value. When changing the snapshots the value jumps back to the old value. Is this because of the combination of 3.0 with Big Sur?

IMO... Ditch the computer and try doing snapshots on the Stomp itself rather than through HX Edit.

If it works there, but fails through HX Edit... then it's likely a Big Sur problem. if it doesn't work on the Stomp itself then it's something completely different. 

Silly question but I've seen this overlooked many times... Are you sure you assigned the appropriate controls to "snapshots"?
(EG: A parameter cannot be controlled by snapshot until it's been assigned to do so)

1 hour ago, claudeu said:

Sounds like you don't have the parameters assigned to the snapshot controller, as mentioned above.

10 minutes ago, claudeu said:

Thank you for helping me!

I learned now:

With stomp itself this works fine:

"To adjust a parameter AND have it automatically update per snapshot, press and turn the knob."

But how can I do this in HX Edit?

Right click on the parameter and select Snapshots from the list of available controllers.