Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

turn off mismatch IR error pop up in Native?

the_bees_knees22

Hi!

I'm kind of getting tired of getting a pop up any time I switch to a preset where an IR has changed in Cubase with helix native.  
"The IR's associated with this block cannot be found..."

I swap out IR's all the time and I don't care if it's changed. I don't see any preferences that I can change, and the pop up is getting super annoying.

thoughts?

I know it's been posted on here a lot, but the IR management is probably the weakest part of the helix.  I'd like to be able to expand the IR window to see the full names, but it's locked at a specific width. And just having a char limit when a lot of IR's have much longer names is a bit frustrating.  

maybe it can be addressed in 3.1? lol  :D

Even if IR management has gotten better with 2.92, it's still almost as bad as it gets. In case an IR is missing (no matter whether it's missing in the hardware or HX Native), a search dialog should come up. Just as it does with software samplers. In addition, HXN should allow you to backup IRs in your project directory easily, so you can still find them at some later point in time.

8 minutes ago, the_bees_knees22 said:

maybe it can be addressed in 3.1? lol  :D

I don't think it'll ever be adressed properly. Started as bad as it gets and only got a tiny bit better after 4 years.

Personally, once I'm in my DAW, I don't use HXN's IR blocks anymore exactly because of these very issues.

7 hours ago, the_bees_knees22 said:

Do you just do 2 instances of helix if you want post fx from Native?

To be honest, no, at least not regularly. FX-wise, I prefer pretty much anything else I have in my arsenal. In other words, the Helix' duties stop straight after the amp part.

I only use the full featureset of HXN in case I'm building presets on it that I want to transfer to the hardware later on. And because of that, I also keep the loaded IRs identical.

yeah, I just got LIbra from STL for an IR loaded.  It's nice.  I don't think it would suck up a lot of resources to improve the IR management side of the helix though.  I think it's important to address at some point since the Helix is all about a fast and user friendly workflow, and it's the one area that seems to slow people down the most.  

lol I need speed! haha